Paytm is an Indian e-commerce company, owned by One97 Communications, which provides services such as mobile recharge, shopping, ticket booking, among others. The company has seen tremendous growth in recent years, and as of December 2018, the value of the company is somewhere between $10-12 billion.
On the privacy front, Paytm has had some scares with their employees trying to extort the company’s founder. In this article, we will explain how you can delete as well as create a Paytm account.
You can create Paytm account from the web as well as from the app. Read on to find out how.
How to create a Paytm account via PC?
If you are using a computer to create a Paytm account, follow the steps given below.
- Go to paytm.com.
- At the top-right corner, click on Log In/Sign Up option.
- In a new window, click Login/Signup with a mobile number and password.
- Click on Sign up.
- Enter your mobile number and a password. (Email is optional — you can choose not to enter it).
- Fill the OTP that you will get on your number. After that, click on Create a New Account.
- After that, you will need to enter one identification document number. Or, you can choose to continue without entering the ID.
That’s it! Your Paytm account is created and ready to use.
How to create a Paytm account via the Paytm app?
If you want to create the account on Paytm app, follow the instructions given below.
- Download the Paytm app.
- At the top left corner, tap on the hamburger menu.
- Tap on Create a new Account.
- Enter your details, including mobile number, email address and password.
- Tap on Create a New Account.
- Enter the OTP and then enter more details like date of birth, your First name and Last name.
- Tap on Create Account.
Now, you can use Paytm account.
How to delete your Paytm account?
Deleting Paytm account is a bit tricky as Paytm does not allow you to remove the account manually. To delete your Paytm account, follow the steps given below.
- Sign in on Paytm.
- Click on your account name/number at the top right corner.
- On the drop-down menu, click on 24 x 7 Help.
- Then, click on My Account option under Help us understand your concern heading.
- Now, select I want to close/delete my account.
- After that, Paytm will provide a list of reasons. Choose one of them. For example, I have selected I don’t use this Paytm account.
- Once you are done with this, click on the Message us button.
- Enter your query in detail along with email address and then click Submit your query.
As per the company, they will give you a call to confirm the process. Once you have confirmed, the company will send you the delete link on your mobile, through which you can delete the account.