As the crypto market gains more traction, new crypto trading marketplaces and exchanges are showing up by the day. That said, Crypto.com remains one of the most popular exchanges.
That said, no website is perfect and if you’ve decided to call it quits on your Crypto.com account, here’s how you can delete it permanently.
Also read: How to delete your Zomato account?
What happens when you delete your Crypto.com account?
Before you delete your Crypto.com account, here are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- Crypto.com will keep some of your personal information for a minimum of five years.
- Make sure you withdraw all the current deposits and crypto in your account. Failure to do so may lead to permanent loss of your funds. If your funds are below the minimum withdrawal limit, contact Crypto.com’s support team.
- Your Crypto.com app account, Crypto.com exchange account and Crypto.com Visa card will not be accessible again.
- There’s a $50 account closure fee if you have a Crypto.com Visa card.
- Once your account is closed, it’ll not be reactivated under any circumstances. You’ll have to create a new account to access the platform again, and the new account will be ineligible to receive any new account bonuses as well.
How to delete your Crypto.com account?
The process is relatively easy now that you know the consequences of deleting your account. Unfortunately, there’s no account deletion option on the app or the website itself, so you will have to write an email to the support team requesting them to delete your account.
The email should be addressed to email@example.com with the subject line “Close Account”. You also need to attach a picture of yourself and the following information handwritten on a piece of paper.
- The date when you’re sending the email.
- Your full name.
- The word “Crypto.com”.
The support team will get back to you within 24-48 hours with an account deletion confirmation. Alternatively, you can also contact support using the chat option in the Crypto.com app.
Also read: What happens when a transformer blows?