The FFXIV portraits are semi-animated images which show your character in a unique photo when you play in multiplayer content, trials or dungeons. For many players, the FFXIV portraits are not working or not showing up properly and they are unable to use them, the launch seems a bit buggy and it’s really hard to tell what is causing the issue.
In this article, we have discussed the causes of FFXIV portraits not working and a few ways to help you fix the issue.
What causes the FFXIV portraits not working issue?
The main reason for this issue to occur with the FFXIV portraits is that you have mismatched the gears that you are unable to notice. The portraits switch back to their default state whenever you change anything about your FFXIV character. This includes even fiddling with your character’s armour or even toggling the helm on or off.
Also read: How to fix error code i2501 in FFXIV?
How to fix the issue?
If you are facing the FFXIV portraits not working issue then we have explained a few ways that might help you fix the issue.
Change or edit the portrait
After patch 6.3 you need to make a new instant portrait for every job you are playing in the game and you have to save them with the gear you want to play in the game. You will still get the error even if you have made your saved portraits with the current gear as your default images until FFXIV gets to know that you have updated the portrait. You have to do it manually every time you change the gear.
To remove the error message by changing or editing the portrait follow the steps below.
- Launch the game and open the Portraits menu.
- Click n the portrait you want to change or fix.
- Then click on the Edit button located above the portrait.
- Now, press the Save (in gold colour) button located at the bottom of the edit portrait window.
Also read: Fallout 4 keyboard not working: Quick Fix
Common tips that you can try to resolve the issue
Below we have mentioned the common tips that you can find in the Final Fantasy communities.
- Launch the game and open the Character menu and then click on the Update Gear Set button.
- Ensure that the small things like rings don’t have the glamour set.
- Ensure that the gear in your Adventurer plate matches the gear in the Instant portrait.
Change Adventurer plate settings
If the above methods do not work for you then you might wanna try changing some adventurer plate settings as it has resolved this error for some users.
- Launch the game and open the Character menu and then open the Adventurer plate.
- Then click on Edit Portrait.
- Edit the portrait as you see fit and then click on the Reflect Current Gear option and then click on the Save button.
- Now return to the Character menu and then click on the Portraits option.
- Then Right-click on the portrait for the same class as you have on your Adventurer plate.
- From the drop-down menu click on the Import Settings from Adventurer plate option and then click on the Confirm.
You need to manually change the entire Adventurer plate and import its data to the portait slot every time you switch the class.