Facebook’s Messenger is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world loaded with features that you won’t find anywhere else. Other than connecting you to your Facebook friends, it can also replace other apps and provides an overall cohesive user experience.
In this article, we’re talking about how to add a spoiler in Facebook Messenger.
Also read: How to do Spoilers in Discord?
Adding spoilers in Facebook Messenger
There are two ways you can add spoilers in Facebook Messenger.
- Using the gift sticker
- Using the spoiler feature (may not be available in your region)
Using the gifts sticker
Facebook Messenger has a ton of stickers for you to use, but some of them customise the way your message looks as well. The gift sticker requires the recipient to tap the message in order to reveal its contents, which is perfect for sharing spoilers.
Once you’re in a chat with someone you want to share a spoiler with, simply type out your text and follow these steps:
- Once the text is written, tap the search icon at the right end of the text box.
- Tap the gift box sticker.
Your message will be sent as a gift instead of a regular text and the recipient will have to tap the message in order to read its contents.
Using the Spoiler feature
You can also use the spoiler feature in Facebook Messenger to send spoiler messages, but keep in mind that this feature may or may not be present in your region. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open Messenger, head over to the chat you want and type out your message.
- Select the text and tap and hold it until more formatting options appear. Tap the three vertical dots.
- Tap the Spoiler option.
And that’s all. Your message will now be sent as a spoiler in the chat.