If you’ve made a profile on Reddit but don’t feel like using it anymore, we’ve compiled a simple guide to help you delete Reddit account on your iPhone.
Before you start the deletion process, you should know that once a Reddit profile is deleted, it can’t be reactivated at a later stage. Your username won’t be recycled either and won’t be available if you decide to create another account with the same name.
Also, Reddit doesn’t delete the content posted or comments by your profile automatically upon deletion; you’ll have to delete your posts individually before proceeding with the deletion of your Reddit account. If you want to copy all subreddits to a new reddit account, check out our guide here.
Also read: How to delete Airtel Payment bank account?
Delete Reddit account on iPhone
For some reason, unfortunately, you can’t delete Reddit account on iPhone using the Reddit app. However, you can still do that using the mobile or desktop version of the Reddit website.
One of the main requirements to delete your Reddit account is the username and password for the account. You’ll not only need them to log into the account but also confirm the deletion.
Open Safari or any other browser you prefer to use on your iPhone and follow the steps mentioned below to delete your Reddit account.
- Go to www.reddit.com. Alternatively, you can also click on this link to go to the Reddit account deactivation page; however, it didn’t work for us.
- Login using your username and password or continue with Apple/Google credentials.
- Then tap on the Hamburger (triple horizontal bars) menu icon at the top-right of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Settings to open more options.
- Then tap on Account settings.
- On the next page, enter your Reddit username and password again.
- Then tap on the checkbox with the message “I understand that deactivated accounts are not recoverable’.
- Now tap on the Deactivate button.
- Confirm your Reddit account deletion by tapping on Deactivate button on the follow up prompt.
Your Reddit account will be deleted, and you’ll be redirected to the login page. As mentioned above, you won’t be able to create a new account using the same username and won’t recover the deactivated account either.
Also read: How to delete Domino’s account?
Yatharth believes social media is the coolest thing to have happened to humankind — connecting across borders. He writes about Apple, gaming and social platforms and also indulges in offbeat tech stuff from time to time.
Contact Yatharth via email: [email protected]