If you are an avid user of social media and are looking forward to curating a personalised page on Instagram, it’s probably best to archive some of your old content to create space for some fresh new posts.
But fear not; archiving your posts or stories on Instagram does not mean they are lost forever. You can easily access these posts (or stories) at any time and even bring them back.
Keep reading the following article to learn more about archiving and unarchiving your posts on Instagram.
Also read: How to unread messages on Instagram?
What happens when you archive a post on Instagram?
The archive feature of Instagram allows you to hide your posts, stories and lives from your main page, which can only be accessed by you but will not be visible to other people viewing your profile.
This means that you can choose to hide specific posts from the public without having to delete them forever, and you can also easily unarchive these posts as you please.
How to unarchive posts on Instagram?
You can unarchive and view the posts you have archived on Instagram by following these steps.
- Head over to your Instagram profile and tap on the three horizontal lines on the top left corner.
- Click on the Archive option to access the posts, stories or lives that you had previously archived on Instagram.
- In the top arrow of your screen tap on the Posts archive option.
- Now tap on the post you want to unarchive.
- Click on the three vertical dots on the top right corner of the post and then tap the Show on profile option to unarchive the post.
How to archive posts on Instagram?
If you want to get rid of a few posts from your Instagram page without deleting them forever. Follow the steps mentioned below to archive your posts on Instagram:
- Open Instagram and tap on your profile icon at the bottom right.
- Tap on the post you want to archive.
- Now, tap on the three vertical dots on the top right corner of the post.
- Hit the Archive option to archive that post on Instagram.
Also read: How to turn off active status on Instagram?
“Life’s too short to not express how you feel” — I have always lived by this quote and at times of anxiety or restlessness I always resort to expressing how I feel through art and scribbling my thoughts. I believe in spontaneity and sometimes that’s what leads to some of the best content I create.