We all use web pages to help us with our projects, assignments, or some other documents. But these web-based articles or web pages come with a lot of ads and printing these web pages can be a real pain as the written document contains lots of ads and other unnecessary stuff. When printing web pages, these ads can occupy a lot of space, which can lead to wastage of paper as well.
There are different methods you can use to print only the necessary information and get rid of the ads while printing web pages. The methods depend entirely on the browser that you are using and are different for every browser. Here are a few ways by which you can print webpages without ads on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Microsoft Edge.
Using the Reading Mode of web browsers
The reading mode of different browsers makes sure the only thing that is displayed to you is the text and pictures related to the topic. Almost all browsers have a reading mode in them; you just need to enable it. Enabling reading mode in browsers is accessible and only requires a few clicks.
Click on the Reader icon on the left side of the URL bar. You can also press Cmd+Shift+R.
Chrome has a hidden reader mode, unlike other browsers, and it needs to be enabled before it can be used. You can only use the Reading mode if you are using Chrome version 75 or above.
- To activate the Reading mode, open a new tab and type chrome://flags/#enable-reader-mode to go directly to the Reader Mode.
- Click on the drop-down menu and change the option to Enabled for the Enable Reader Mode. It will be at the top of the options displayed.
- To open the reading mode of the web page, click on the menu and select Distill Page option from the list.
Using the Clutter-free printing option in Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge has a built-in option for ad-free web page printing, called the Clutter-free printing Option other than using the reading mode for printing web pages.
- Open the web page you want to print.
- Use Ctrl+P to open the print dialog box. In the dialog box, you will see Clutter-free printing.
- From the drop-down menu, select On to reload the web page without ads and other non-relevant information.
- Use the Print button to print the web page.
Using Print Friendly
You can find Print Friendly here.
A BTech student whose interest lies in automobiles, tech, music, coding and badminton.