Many Twitter users have reported a Twitter logout error while trying to log in to the social media platform. This error can be resolved easily with just a few clicks.
In this article, we’ll explore what causes Twitter logout error can how you can fix it.
Twitter logout error: Possible causes
Here are some possible causes of Twitter logout error:
- Corrupted cache and cookies.
- An outdated browser or Twitter app.
- Network connectivity issues.
- Security software or firewall blocking Twitter.
Quick fixes for Twitter logout error
Here are some quick fixes that you can apply to solve the Twitter logout error:
Check Twitter’s server status
It may happen that Twitter’s servers are scheduled for maintenance or are facing huge traffic. You can check Twitter’s server status on Downdetector or any such third-party website. If the outage is big enough, Twitter might even announce it on their several social media handles.
Clear your browser’s cache and cookies
The very first step that you should take is to clear your browser’s cache and cookies. A cache is a storage tool that temporarily stores data. Storing data in a cache makes it readily available for the client to access and saves time. For this purpose, web browsers use the cache functionality for faster and more seamless browsing. However, it also causes some problems.
Here are the steps to clear cache and cookies on Chrome:
Step 1: Open Chrome and then click on the three-dot button > More tools > Clear browsing data.
Step 2: Check on Browsing history, Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files. Also, select the time range to All time. You can also select a particular time range, but we advise you to clear all your data. Next, click on Clear Data to finalise the process.
Clear the Twitter app’s cache
Clearing the Twitter app’s cache can also come in quite handy when fixing Twitter logout error.
Check your internet connection
Ensure that there is no network issue at your end. For that, there are certain things that you must first take care of:
- First, make sure that there isn’t any internet outage in your area. You can ask your Internet Service Provider for the information or you can visit their website.
- If there is no outage, then it is time to check the hardware to make sure that they are not damaged. Check all the hardware associated with the internet connection. That includes your router, modem, power cable, and the main power source, among others. Ensure that all the hardware is undamaged and working properly. If you notice any damage, change it asap.
- If the hardware is fine, then it is time to check the connections. Make sure that the cables are secured firmly in the proper ports.
- Sometimes, there is too much distance between the WiFi and the receiving device. Make sure that the distance is less. Or, you can directly connect the internet to your computer as it provides a more stable speed compared to WiFi.
- Also, remove any other electronic appliances that might interfere with the WiFi signals. While you are at it, place the WiFi on a raised platform so that the devices catch signals seamlessly.
- If there are many devices connected to your network, remove them before playing games on the internet as the devices share the limited bandwidth of the plan. You can also think of upgrading your existing internet plan.
Update browser and Twitter app
You should make it a habit of regularly updating your apps and browsers as it fixes many minor problems including Twitter logout error.
To update Chrome, Go to Help > About Chrome from the drop-down menu. You will see updating Chrome tab on your screen.
To update the Twitter app, go to Google Play Store and search Twitter. If there has been an update, you will see an Update icon.
Report the issue to Twitter support
If you have tried everything and nothing works, then contacting Twitter support is your last option. Explain your problem in detail so that you can resolve the Twitter logout error.
Also read: Twitter desktop not working: Quick Fix
Frequently answered questions (FAQs)
Let us dive into some FAQs related to this topic:
Why does the Twitter logout error occur?
The Twitter logout error can occur due to corrupted cache and cookies, an outdated browser or Twitter app, network connectivity issues, or security software blocking Twitter.
Can I log out of my Twitter account from another device?
Yes, you can try logging out of your Twitter account from another device or browser if you’re unable to log out from your current device.