Strong passwords are elementary to your online security and ensure that your data is safeguarded as well as the basic information of the people that you are connected to on social networks.
Here we explain how you can change your Instagram password via the website on PC and smartphone app.
Change Instagram password on PC
Here are the steps to change your Instagram password on PC.
Step 1: Sign in on Instagram and then click on the profile option at the top right of the page.Step 2: Now, click on the Edit option.Step 3: After that, select the Change Password from the left sidebar.Step 4: Here, type in your current password and then your new password. Make sure to follow all the best practices of password selection such as including numbers, special characters and upper case letters. Step 5: When you are done, click on Change Password. Your password will be changed. Do remember this new password to continue using Instagram in the future.
Also read: How to delete Instagram search history?
Change Instagram password on a smartphone (Android and iOS)
If you want to change the Instagram password on the smartphone app, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Instagram app and then tap on the profile icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Now, tap on the hamburger icon at the top right.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Settings option at the bottom (located at the top on iOS app).
- After that, tap on Security.
- On the next page, tap on Password.
- Here, type your old password and then the new password that you want to keep. Make sure to include numbers, special characters and upper case letters to make your password stronger.
- When you are done, tap on Tick Mark at the top right of the page.
Former Senior Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant has a keen interest in social issues and international relations.