QR codes or Quick Response codes are a set of two-dimensional barcodes which provides a wide range of information. This tech was developed by Denso Corporation in 1994 for tracking vehicles during the manufacturing process.
When you scan a QR code, the information gets displayed on the screen in a flash thereby saving the time and energy. QR codes are also a great way to promote and expand your business.
In this article, we shall explain how you can create a QR code on a PC and smartphone.
Create a QR code via PC
Here are the steps to create a QR code.
Step 1: You can use the websites on the PC or download the app from any online store. Here we’ve used QRcode Monkey as an example to guide you through the process.
Step 2: Now, enter your URL. For example, https://candid.technology in the box. Step 3: Set colours for your QR code.Step 4: Add your website’s logo to the QR code.Step 5: After that, select the shape, eye frame shape and eyeball shape of your QR code.Step 6: Click on Create QR code to generate the final QR code as per the instructions that you have filled. This is the final QR code of Candid.Technology. To read the code, you can download any QR code reader or point your mobile’s camera (if you are using a stock Android) towards the QR code and you can instantly go to our website.
In the steps that We have mentioned above, we have used There are tons of other websites where you can generate a QR code. Some of these websites are listed below.
Create a QR code on a smartphone
If you are using a smartphone, then follow the instructions given below to create a QR code. For guiding you through the process, we’ve used QR code and Barcode by TPCreative below as an example.
- Select the type of content that you are creating the QR code for. The content can range from a telephone number to emails and even your real-time location. Here, however, we wanted to generate a QR code for a URL.
- Enter the URL, which is Candid.Technology in this case.
- Hit the tick mark at the top right of the screen and you will have successfully generated the QR code.
Also read: Top 7 Badoo alternatives
Alternative QR Code generators and scanners
It is worth noting that some apps provide additional features using which you can add colours and change shapes of the QR code for free. Choose the app as per your requirement. If you want a simple, one-click solution, you can use
Here are some other QR code generator apps available on the Play Store and App Store. Note that some apps are free while the other may charge you a certain amount or have in-app purchases.
- QR code reader and scanner by BetterIdea Studio (Android)
- Advanced QR code generator by Eng MB (Android)
- QR code generator by youyou_dev (Android)
- QR code reader, scanner, generator by Insider Development OU (Android)
- QR Maker by Meteor rain (Android)
- QR Generator – Barcode Scanner by Anna Cristina Carluccio (iOS)
- QR Code Reader by TinyLab (iOS)
- QR Code – QR Reader & Scanner by Wen Studio (iOS)
By using the apps that are mentioned above, you can easily create a QR code.