There aren’t many that rival Google’s Chrome when it comes to daily browsing but with the growing concern about privacy, users are looking at alternatives and one such happens to be Mozilla’s Firefox, which has been around for quite a while and is even older than Chrome.
If you’re using Firefox on a public PC, or even in a private setting on your PC, Android or iOS device, but aren’t able to get around deleting the browsing history, here a guide to help you delete Firefox browsing history on the PC browser as well as Android and iOS apps.
How to delete the browsing history in Firefox on PC?
Step 1: Click on the hamburger (triple horizontal bar) menu icon on the top-right of your Firefox browser. From the dropdown menu, click on Library. Step 2: Then click on History.Step 3: On the next menu page, click on Clear Recent History.Step 4: On the pop-up dialog box, uncheck anything apart from Browsing & Download History that you don’t want to delete. Then select the time period for which you wish to delete the Firefox browsing history from among these options: Last Hour, Last Two Hours, Last Four Hours, Today and Everything. Then click on Clear Now. Also read: How to delete a Netflix profile from your account?
How to delete the browsing history in Firefox for Android?
- Tap on the three vertical dot menu icon on the top right of the Firefox browser.
- From the dropdown menu, tap on Settings.
- On the next page, scroll down and tap on Clear private data.
- Then uncheck all the items like downloads, cache or search and form history, among others, that you don’t wish to delete. Keep the box beside Browsing history checked (so that it appears blue).
- Then tap on Clear Data.
How to delete Firefox browsing history on iOS?
- Tap on the hamburger (triple horizontal bar) menu icon on the bottom-right of the Firefox browser on your iPhone.
- Then tap on Settings from the menu.
- On the next page, scroll down and tap on Data Management under Privacy.
- On the next page, tap on the toggle button for all the items that you don’t wish to delete. They should appear in a dull grey colour once turned off. Keep the toggle button beside Browsing History turned on (displays deep blue). Then tap on Clear Private Data at the bottom of the page.
- Then tap on Ok on the dialog box.
Yatharth is the Marketing Head at Candid.Technology. He sometimes writes about Apple, Gaming and Social Platforms and also indulges in offbeat tech stuff from time to time.
Contact Yatharth via email: [email protected]