LinkedIn is an online platform for budding professionals where you can showcase your skills and experience to your fellow workmates and also to potential recruiters. For your profile to stand out, LinkedIn provides various tools. One such tool is the ‘Talks About’ section which summarizes your areas of expertise.
Your ‘Talks About’ section is one of the first things that people will see on your LinkedIn profile. By regularly updating this section, you can ensure that people notice your current skills and strengths and you can make a strong impression.
In this article, we explain how to change the ‘Talks About’ section on LinkedIn.
Change the ‘Talk About’ section on LinkedIn
Now let us come to our main topic – how to change the ‘Talks About’ section on LinkedIn. Here are the steps to do so:
Step 1: Open LinkedIn and then click on your profile icon and then click on View Profile.
Step 2: Scroll down and click on Creator mode to turn it on.
Step 3: To remove the hashtags that you have previously added, click on the hashtag in the green and then click on Save.
To add another hashtag, click on the Add topics icon and then type your hashtag.
Also read: How to add volunteer experience to Linkedin?
Why you should update your ‘Talks About’ section?
As we have mentioned earlier, the ‘Talks About’ section is one of the first things that people notice when they visit your profile on LinkedIn. It is a great way to showcase your strengths and abilities to gain an advantage.
Here are some more reasons why you should regularly update your ‘Talks About’ section:
- To stay up-to-date with the industry standards: As the world is constantly changing and new trends are emerging almost every month, by updating your ‘Talks About’ section, you can tell the recruiters that you have now learned a new skill and are ready to face the challenges by keeping up with the latest developments in the field.
- To connect with the right people: You can select the keywords that are relevant to your career goals. This can help you connect with like-minded people who can share new ideas related to that field.
- To stand out from the competition: The world is a very competitive place and to stand out from the competition you need to work on your LinkedIn profile. A well-crafted ‘Talks About’ section shows that you are serious about your career and are learning new skills.
Also read: How to add or remove open to work on Linkedin?
How can I make my ‘Talks About’ section more relevant to potential employers and clients?
Here are some tips for making your ‘Talks About’ section more relevant to potential employers and clients:
- Select the right topics: Always choose the topic that is relevant to your career goals. For example, if you are in a marketing field, then you should include hashtags such as marketing, social media and content creation or if you are a software developer, you can add hashtags such as coding languages, software development methodologies, and programming, among others.
- Use keywords that are common in your field: Using keywords that are common in your field increases the visibility of your profile and makes it easier for others to find you.
- Highlight your technical skills in the field: Technical work is in great demand and if you want to stand out among your competitors, make sure to highlight the technical hashtags.
Also read: What does 1st mean on Linkedin?