My Eyes Only is a private, password-protected folder for snaps, where selected photos and videos from the gallery and camera roll are hidden. The only drawback is if the password is forgotten, all the images stored will be deleted forever before you can reset your password. There is no way to recover any of the images or videos stored in My Eyes Only if the password is forgotten.
In this article, we will understand how to change the ‘my eyes only’ password.
Also read: How to get temperature on Snapchat?
How to change ‘My Eyes Only’ password?
Once the feature is set up, to enter the My Eyes Only tab, you are required to first enter the password.
No content is lost by changing a password. If you do not remember your current password, you’ll have to reset the passcode, which will result in loss of data.
Open the My Eyes only tab under the Memories bar and follow the steps mentioned below.
- Tap on the Options tab at the bottom right.
- On the next page, tap on the Change Password button.
- Enter your current password.
There are two types of passwords for My Eyes Only — numeric and alphanumeric.
- Enter the new Password.
- Confirm the new password by re-entering it.
- To create a passphrase, tap on Use Passphrase at the bottom of the Create Passcode page.
- Then tap on on Continue.
- Enter a passphrase using the guidelines provided by Snapchat.
- Click on Continue.
- After creating the passcode/passphrase, review it on the confirmation screen.
- Tap on the I understand button.
- Tap on Continue.
- You’ll see the message: ‘Passcode/passphrase successfully changed!‘, click on Finish.
Your password for the Snapchat My Eyes Only feature will be changed.
A creative nerd, TT player, an avid reader, and an engineering student.