Plex is a media server application that lets you stream online content across multiple platforms. The company has made a thriving market for itself in a niche that is currently oversaturated.
In this article, we talk about how to remove Pin from Plex. Do read the article til the end to get a complete idea of the subject at hand.
There are three ways by which you can remove Pin from Plex:
If you know the current Pin
If you know the current Pin, follow the instructions given below to remove it from Plex:
- Open Plex and then navigate to Settings > Plex Home page.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the user whose PIN you want to remove and then click on Edit Pin.
- Enter your current PIN and then click on the Edit PIN dialogue.
- Finally, click on Remove.
Remember, you won’t see any confirmation message after you have removed the PIN.
Now, let us understand how you can remove your Pin from Plex if you have forgotten the current PIN
Also read: Plex not authorised to my own server: Quick Fix
If you have forgotten the current Pin
If, by chance, you have forgotten your current Plex Pin, you will have to reset the Pin. Here are the steps to do so:
- Sign in to the Plex account on Plex.tv website.
- Navigate to the Pin Reset page and then choose a new Pin and your current password.
- Finally, hit the Update button for the changes to take place.
Remove Pin for managed user
Plex provides options to create managed accounts so that you can monitor and manage user activities. Usually, this is used by parents to create an account for their children.
In order to remove Pin from Plex’s managed user accounts, follow the instructions given below:
- Open Settings and then head to Plex Home.
- Hover your mouse over the user whose Pin you want to remove.
- Select the Edit PIN option.
- Next, either set a new PIN or use the remove link to remove the Pin.
Also read: How to reclaim a Plex server?