Most companies offer discounts or lower prices a bit in order to retain their customer and stop them from going over to another service provider. One of the best ways to lower your bill, especially if you’re a Spectrum customer is to get in touch with their customer retention department.
In this article, we’re taking a look at what is Spectrum mobile customer retention, what it does and how you can use it to your advantage and lower your bills.
Also read: Spectrum Netge 1000 error: 4 Fixes
What is Spectrum mobile customer retention?
As mentioned before, most service providers, especially the ones dealing in telecoms, ISPs and TV often have smaller customer retention teams whose job is to retain unhappy customers and stop them from switching over by offering discounts and other financial incentives to stay.
Spectrum’s customer retention department has support agents that are authorised to give you discounts in order to retain you as a customer. The department might also offer you additional promotions or waive any extra or hidden fees the company might be charging.
How to get in touch with them?
Do keep in mind that while you can chat with Spectrum support online, there’s no online retention department, meaning you have to get in touch with them over the phone. There are two ways you can do this.
- Contacting Spectrum support and asking them to transfer the call over to retention. You can reach out to Spectrum support at 833-267-6094 or 888-369-2408.
- Call the Spectrum retention team directly at 866-892-0019 or 800-892-4357.
Why should you contact retention?
As mentioned before, if you’re thinking of switching service providers because either your bill is very high or the service isn’t what you expected, calling retention is by far the fastest and most effective way of fixing the problem.
While they may not be able to help you with any technical issue in terms of the quality of the services offered, depending on when you’re calling and how you play your cards, you might be able to get a pretty hefty discount, promotional offer or get some hidden or extra charge waived off your Spectrum bill.
Of course, it’s not guaranteed that calling retention will get you some sort of discount. It largely depends on a number of different factors and especially the fact that support agents are only allowed to dish out so many discounts a day. Your service duration and the total bill amount also play a role.
Here are some things you should keep in mind when talking to retention to ensure you get the best deal possible.
- Try calling in the morning when the representative answering your call would still have some headroom to give you discounts or offers.
- Do your research about exactly what service you want and the market price among competitors. Knowing what price is a good deal for you will help you know if you’re getting a good deal.
- Feel free to remind the executive answering your call that you’ve been a long-time customer and have always paid your bill on time.
- If retention doesn’t work out, you can always lower your bill by removing some of your services, lowering your internet speeds or returning your modem among other things.
- Another thing that you can try is to simply call back a few days later. Chances are your call will be taken by a different support representative who might have a completely different offer on hand.
Also read: Why is my Spectrum router blinking blue? 7 Fixes
Someone who writes/edits/shoots/hosts all things tech and when he’s not, streams himself racing virtual cars.
You can contact him here: [email protected]