The internet is a vast place with a lot of social diversity, and there are communities of like-minded people around just about any idea. Over the years, those communities have also come with a lot of slang, acronyms and abbreviations, which might seem like gibberish at first but are rather simple when broken down.
In this article, we’re discussing the most popular MK and its meaning in different contexts.
Also read: What does ‘this story is no longer available’ mean?
The term has different meanings in different contexts but one of the most popular ones is “Mhmm okay.”
It’s this unsure agreement to something you might be asked to do, such as a favour or an invitation.
Other meanings include:
- MK is the stage name of the DJ Mark Kinchen.
- Disney’s Magic Kingdom is often shortened as MK.
- Another common acronym for MK is Micheal Kors, an international fashion company.
- Hong Kong’s Mong Kok area is also often referred to as MK, especially online. It’s an are with multiple entertainment venues popular amongst teens and young adults.
- The Mortal Kombat game franchise is sometimes referred to as MK as well. The series has been around since 1992 and was originally developed by Midway Games.
- Last but not the least, MK was also short for CIA’s MK Ultra project, which involved experiments on human subjects to develop drugs and procedures for interrogation. The program started off in the 1950s and ran until the early 1960s and was run by a chemist named Sidney Gottlieb.
As you can see, just like a lot of other acronyms on the internet, the meaning of MK can be different depending on the context of the term, so make sure to take note of what’s going around in the conversation before you drop it in the middle of a sentence.
Also read: What does the lock mean on Snapchat?
Someone who writes/edits/shoots/hosts all things tech and when he’s not, streams himself racing virtual cars.
You can contact him here: [email protected]