Youtube is one of the most popular online streaming services, and arguably has the largest number of user-generated content viewed by billions of people. If you are one of the billions of users and Youtube is one of your primary sources of entertainment it would make sense if you know the keyboard shortcuts to enhance your viewing experience, as we all know shortcuts make things happen quicker and make lives easier.
In this article, we have covered all the Youtube keyboard shortcuts that you will need to make your life streaming Youtube swifter.
This is an extensive list of Youtube keyboard shortcuts. If you’re looking for a specific keyboard shortcut, consider looking for it via the Ctrl+F browser shortcut to find on a page. If you’re using a mobile browser, click on the ‘triple-dot’ menu and tap on Find in Page.
Also read: Slack keyboard shortcuts for Windows, Linux and Mac
24 essential YouTube keyboard shortcuts to control playback
Here are all the Youtube keyboard shortcuts that you need to know to make life quicker while streaming on the platform.
- Spacebar: On the seek bar to Play/Pause and to activate a selected button.
- Play/Pause Media keys: To Play/Pause media.
- Stop media key on keyboards: To stop media.
- K: To play and pause in the player.
- M: To toggle mute/unmute in the player.
- Next track media key on keyboards: To move to the next media track in the playlist.
- Left/Right arrow on the seek bar: To seek media backwards or forward for 5 seconds, respectively.
- J: To seek media backwards by 10 seconds in the player.
- L: To seek media forward by 10 seconds in the player
- , (comma): To skip to the next frame when the video is paused.
- . (full stop): To go back to the previous frame when the video is paused.
- >: To speed up the playback rate of the video.
- <: To slow down the playback rate of the video.
- Home/End on the seek bar: To switch playback to the beginning/last seconds of the video.
- Up/Down arrow on the seek bar: To increase/decrease the volume of the video by 5%.
- Numbers 1 to 9 on the seek bar (not on the numeric pad): To seek 10% to 90% of the video.
- Numbers 0 on the seek bar (not on the numeric pad): To seek to the beginning of the videos.
- Number 1 or shift+1: To move between the H1 headers.
- /: To open the search box.
- F: To activate the full screen. To deactivate the full-screen press F again or press the escape button.
- C: To activate and deactivate the captions and subtitles.
- Shift+N: Move to the next video (only if a playlist is running, it will play the next video; if not then it will play the next suggested video).
- Shift+P: Move to the previous video (only if you are using a playlist).
- I: To open the Miniplayer.
Also read: Every Windows 7 shortcut you must know