Instagram is one of the most used social media platforms with more than a billion active monthly users. It has many cool and interesting features, which are updated frequently, making the app engaging and keep the users hooked.
Adding music to Instagram stories is one of the most popular features on the platform ever since it was introduced in 2018. If you want to make your Insta story look cooler by adding some groovy tracks, here is the guide to help you add music to your Insta story.
Also read: How to upload tall portraits on Instagram?
Adding music to Instagram story
Launch Instagram and follow the steps below to add music to a story on Instagram.
- Tap on the Camera icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- Then capture the photo or video that you want to add as a story.
- Once you are done capturing it, tap on Stickers icon (third icon from the right at the top of the screen).
- In the stickers list, tap on Music sticker.
- Then select the music you want to set for the story from the list that appears.
- If you want to check out more options then tap on the Browse option below the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Then tap on the music of your choice.
- On the next screen, you can edit the different settings for your story such as change the way lyrics appear on your story by tapping on the Album art icon (above the music bar) or swiping to the ones on its left.
- On the same screen, you can set the time for how long the track should play (maximum allowed is 15 seconds) by tapping on the Time icon on the left side of the music bar. You can also select the part of the track you want to play by holding and moving the Box just below the music bar.
- After editing all the settings tap on the Done icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Then on the next screen tap on Send to (in the white box) icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Share button beside Your story in Stories men. You can also send the story directly to your friends by tapping on their profile from the list below the stories menu.
Akash is a law graduate who likes to go for bike rides on the weekends soul-searching for answers to his many existential questions.