Spam calls and unknown calls are not safe and can strain your already stressful life a bit more with incessant enquiries and that’s why Android has the option to block such calls in a few taps. With a growing network of advertisement agencies, you might receive several such calls which can hamper productivity and peace.
In this article, we cover three ways using which you can block calls on Android smartphones without using any third-party app. Do read the article till the end to get a complete grasp on all the methods. These methods are from the Android One platform.
Method 1: Via the Recent list
Follow the steps mentioned below to block calls on Android.
- Open the dialer of the device.
- Long press the number that you want to block.
- Select Block/report junk option from the drop-down menu.
- Tap Block to finally block the number.
Also read: How to block emails on Outlook?
Method 2: Via Contact app’s settings
- Open your mobile dialer.
- Tap on the three-dot button at the top right of the screen.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Now, tap on Blocked Numbers option.
- Here, you can see a list of numbers that you have already blocked along with an option to add numbers to the block list. Tap on Add a number and then enter the number.
Method 3: Via Caller ID and Spam filter
- Hit the dialer and then go to the three-dot button at the top right.
- Tap on Settings.
- Next, select the Caller ID and spam option from the menu.
- Here, turn on the toggle beside See caller and spam ID and Filter spam calls.
Apart from the methods mentioned above, you can always turn on the Do not disturb on your device. For that, go to Settings > Sound > Do not disturb > Turn on now. When Do not disturb is on, the incoming calls are blocked. However, you can always add an exception to this. In the Do not disturb menu, go to Calls > Allow calls > From Starred Contacts and then add the starred contacts.
If none of the three above-mentioned steps to block calls on Android work for you, alternatively, you can use tons of third-party apps to block the calls on your Android device. Apps like Truecaller and Call Blocker also block the number; however, we recommend to refrain from using third-party apps as they’re not always secure and we don’t vouch for the security of the apps named above either.
Also read: How to block calls on your iPhone?
Former Senior Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant has a keen interest in social issues and international relations.