Discord is pretty serious about age-restricted content; it ensures that the content the user is watching is suitable for their age. There are many servers and communities which upload and allow content which is suitable for people above 18 years of age.
Sometimes during account creation, users put the wrong date of birth and later realise they cannot access the age-restricted content and servers. This is a common mistake because discord has no age verification procedure to verify the age during account creation.
This article discusses how to change your age on discord by sending a request to discord support.
Also read: Discord can not resize GIF: 6 Fixes
Changing age on Discord
Discord has no direct option for changing your age, and you must submit a request to discord support by providing the ID image to change the age of your discord account.
Make sure to keep the following things before submitting the request:
- Click an image of yourself holding the valid government-issued ID proof, which mentions your date of birth.
- Write your full discord username on a piece of paper and then click a clear image of yourself holding that piece of paper in your hand.
Now follow the steps below to submit a request to change your age on discord:
Step 1: Click here to go directly to the submit a request page of discord and then select the options from the drop-down menus of different questions asked in the form, just like mentioned below and shown in the picture below.
- Select the Trust and Safety option under What can we help you with?
- Enter your email address,
- Then under How can we help? select Appeals, age update, other questions options from the drop-down menu.
- Under Appeals, age update, other questions, select the Update my age information option.
- Now check-mark the box and scroll down and follow other steps.
Step 2: Follow the steps as mentioned below and also shown in the picture below:
- If your account was verified by your phone no. then you must enter your phone number.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Write the Subject “I want to update my date of birth“, and then write a short description.
- Then attach your pics holding your ID proof and Username on paper.
- Now checkmark the box confirming that you have attached all the required documents.
- Click on Submit button to submit the request.
If you don’t want to do all this then you can simply make a new account and don’t forget to use a different email while creating a new account.
Also read: What is a Discord Kitten?