Founded in 2009, Canada-based Kik Messenger is one of the most popular anonymous instant messaging services, which allows users to join in via merely an email ID on their Android and iOS apps.
Display names and usernames are the most crucial aspect of profiles on social media as these are the primary identifiers and will help your profile stand out from the rest. A cool username and display name that is easily noticeable is a must to ensure that your friends can find you on Kik easily.
Username vs Display name on Kik
- Usernames are essential to search for your profile. If someone has got your username wrong, they won’t be able to find you on Kik.
- Usernames can only include letters, numbers, periods (.) and underscores (_); other special characters and emojis can only be included in display names.
- Display names appear at the top of your friend’s chat screen, notifications and in their contacts lists too.
Also read: How to change your display name on Skype?
How to change your Kik display name?
To change your Kik display name, sign in to the Kik Messenger app for either Android or iOS and follow the steps below.
- Tap on Settings.
- Then tap on Your Account.
- On the next page, tap on Name and change your display name.
How to change your Kik username?
Kik doesn’t allow users to edit their usernames once the profile has been created. To change your Kik username, you’ll need to create a new account with a unique email ID and use a new username there. As mentioned before, usernames can’t be changed after you’ve created the profile, so if you’re going to make a new profile, make sure you get the username right this time.
How to view someone’s username?
To see someone’s username who has sent you a message, in the chatbox, tap on their profile picture then choose View Profile option. Their username will appear in small grey font under the display name. Alternatively, you can also tap on someone’s display name at the top of the chat, and the username will appear under the display name.
You can also find the username of someone you’ve blocked by accessing your block list — Settings > Privacy > Block List. The username will appear in small grey font under the display name of the blocked profile.