Our smartphones carry a lot of our personal information, which alongside your photos and videos could also include financial information and login credentials to important accounts. It’s elementary to keep a strong password on your device and iPhone offers multiple ways to secure the data on your phone using a passcode or your biometric data like fingerprint or face scan. All new iPhones are equipped with Face ID or Touch ID for unlocking it quickly, but the passcode can be considered the master key, which helps you unlock your iPhone in case the biometric or facial recognition features fail.
While Face ID or Touch ID cannot work without your consent, a person can gain access to your iPhone if they find out your passcode. Therefore, it is always a wise thing to periodically change the passcode to prevent anyone else from accessing the data on your iPhone data.
In this article, we will not only guide how to change your iPhone’s passcode but also how to change your iPhone’s Touch ID and Face ID.
Also read: How to find your Amazon profile link?
How to change the Passcode on iPhone?
To change your iPhone’s passcode, you will need to know your pre-existing passcode. Go to your iPhone’s Settings and follow the steps below to change the passcode.
- Scroll down and tap on Touch ID & Passcode/Face ID & Passcode.
- Enter your existing or current passcode.
- Scroll down and select Change Passcode.
- Enter your old passcode, followed by your new passcode on the next screen. Then confirm the new passcode again on the next screen.
By default, iPhone has six-digit passcode, but you can change it according to your preference by tapping on the Passcode option. This includes custom alphanumeric, numeric and a four-digit digit numeric code.
Also read: How to reset and change the password on Paytm?
How to change the Touch ID on the iPhone?
You might have already added fingerprint for using Touch ID but if you’re looking to change the previous one or add more fingerprints then go to your iPhone’s Settings app and follow the steps below.
- Scroll down and tap on Touch ID & Passcode.
- Enter the passcode and tap on Done option at the top-right corner of the screen..
- To see which fingerprint is set up, place the finger on the home touch, for example- thumb. That fingerprint will flash slightly in the list.
- To change a particular fingerprint, select it and tap on Delete Fingerprint. You can also rename the fingerprint on this page.
- Once you’ve deleted all the old fingerprints, tap on the Add a Fingerprint option.
- Slightly place your finger or thumb on the home button. You will feel a buzz each time it registers, and the graphics on the screen will start turning red. Repeatedly, lift and rest your finger from different angles.
- To adjust your grip, tap on Continue.
- Lift and place the edges of your finger repeatedly so that the Touch ID sensor accurately memorises your fingerprint.
- Tap on Continue to finish the setup.
This will complete your Touch ID with one fingerprint. You can add up to 5 different fingerprints.
Also read: How to change your Airbnb password?
How to change the Face ID on iPhone?
Open the Settings app on your iPhone and follow the steps mentioned below.
- Scroll down and tap on Face ID & Passcode.
- On the next page, tap on Reset Face ID, which will reset all of the existing Face ID settings on your iPhone.
- Then tap on the Set Up Face ID option that appears instead of Reset Face ID.
- On the next page, tap on the Get Started button at the bottom of the page.
Follow the on-screen instructions to set one or multiple Face IDs for your iPhone.
Also read: How to find saved jobs in LinkedIn?