Paytm is one of the fastest and most accessible ways of paying online — owing to the large on-ground coverage among merchants and acceptability of users. However, if you have been using Paytm to transact lately, and have a significant amount of money in its wallet, it is always advisable to change the password from time to time for security reasons as well as make sure that your selected password is strong to avoid easy intrusion.
In this article, we will guide you on how to reset your Paytm password if you have forgotten it, followed by how you can change the password on Paytm app and website.
How to reset the Paytm password?
From your Paytm registered number, give a call on 0120–4888–488 or 0120-4456-456. Then choose the language in which you are comfortable to proceed and Press 1 on the phone’s dialler.
- The call will be disconnected and you will receive a link to reset your password on your registered Paytm mobile number and email ID. Tap on the reset link to type the new password and re-type to confirm the same.
- Tap on Proceed. Your password will be reset.
The new password should comprise of minimum 5 characters including one special character, one alphabet, and one number. The reset link is valid for only 10 minutes and expires thereafter.
How to change the Paytm password via Paytm app?
Open your Paytm app and follow the steps mentioned below to change the password.
- Tap on the icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- Select Settings from the list of options.
- Tap on Security Settings.
- Select Change Password option to change your Paytm password (refer to the screenshot below).
- In the boxes on the next screen, enter your current password at the top, followed by your new password and then re-enter your new password. You can tap on the view icon beside the passwords to see them as you type and make sure you re-type the new password accurately.
- Once you’ve entered all the information above, tap on the Update Password button at the bottom of the screen.
Also read: Top 7 QR Code scanner apps for iPhone
How to change the Paytm password via Paytm web?
Login to your Paytm web account and follow the steps mentioned below to change the password.
Step 1: Hover over your account name on the top right side of the screen. Select View Profile from the drop-down menu.
Step 2: Click on Change Password from toolbar options at the top of the profile window.
Step 3: In the boxes on the next screen, enter your current password at the top, followed by your new password and then re-enter your new password. Then click on the Save button.