To an extent, smartphones have also reduced the need to wear a watch all the time. While the latter has also evolved with tech, a lot of people prefer just keeping their smartphones around to refer to the time.
If you’re one such person then it’s crucial that the time and date displayed on your iPhone or iPad is updated. While iOS devices offer automatic time zone detection feature, which relies on the device’s location services for precise detection, it’s possible that due to a bug or hardware malfunction, your iPhone or iPad isn’t updating the time and date in real-time.
If that’s the case, you can always manually adjust the time and date on your iPhone in a few simple steps as discussed in the guide below. If you haven’t enabled automatic time and date update, the guide below will help with that too.
Changing the time and date on your iPhone or iPad
Go to the Settings of your iPhone, iPad or iPod and follow the steps mentioned below to change the time and date on the device.
- Scroll down a bit and tap on General.
- On the next page, scroll down again and tap on Date & Time.
- On the next page, tap on the toggle button beside Set automatically to enable or disable auto date and time update.
- If you want to change the time and date manually, turn off the toggle button beside Set Automatically
- You’ll see a Time Zone option followed by the date and time currently set on the phone.
- Click on the date or time and a scrolling edit box will open up. Scroll up or down to adjust the date and time settings on your iPhone.
Alternatively, you can also choose to set the Time Zone manually by selecting the option.
Note that any discrepancy in your iOS device’s time and date data could be due to your location services settings. If your turn on your iPhone or iPad’s location services, the automatic time and date update becomes more accurate.
Writes news mostly and edits almost everything at Candid.Technology. He loves taking trips on his bikes or chugging beers as Manchester United battle rivals.
Contact Prayank via email: [email protected]