Contentmart, a Gurgaon-based digital marketing startup that allowed companies/individuals to hire freelance content writers, is shutting shop on August 22, 2018 — three years after it first launched into the market as India’s first content marketplace.
“It has been an interesting journey, but nothing is permanent. We regret that it came to this, but all our efforts to avoid it failed. Contentmart simply cannot remain in its current form. Hence, three years later, we are closing down the service and putting this era behind us as new challenges await,” Contentmart’s email to its members reads.
The company provided a similar service to clients like Upwork does. The writers’ profiles were based on a series of tests that ranged from beginner to advance, which in turn helped the clients to choose the talent.
“This doesn’t mean that the idea behind Contentmart is gone forever. We allow the writers and clients to exchange contact if they wish to continue trading offline,” the email adds.
Contentmart will be suspending its services on August 22, 2018, which means that the company will be settling down all open accounts and tickets by that time. All of the client and writer information will be deleted from its servers permanently.
Here is what Writers need to do
- Writers will be unable to place any bid on proposals
- Payments will be released every Thursday for all the withdrawal requests received
- Contentmart’s standard scheme remains unchanged for processing payments
Here is what Clients need to do
- Clients will be unable to create any orders anymore
- Clients will not be able to refill their wallets or deposit funds
- If there is unused fund in your account, you’ll need to place a refund request using the Balance menu before August 22, 2018
The entire copy of their email is available at https://contentmart.com/
Also read: Top 5 tech fails of 2018