When you are creating a powerful weapon to defeat your enemies in World of Warcraft and you get a message stating that the ‘crafting order creation failed’, it is natural to be frustrated.
Crafting is an essential part of the game and allows players to create more potent weapons to increase their winning chances. Although, as of now, there is no official word from Blizzard on how to fix the ‘crafting order creation failed’ error, fortunately, there are some things that you can try out yourself.
In this article, we discuss several fixes to the issue so that you can go on creating your dream weapons and vanquish your rivals. But before diving into the fixes, let us first understand why you are seeing this particular error message.
Possible causes of the ‘crafting order creation failed’ error in WoW:
If you are an avid WoW player and have devoted ample time to perfecting this craft, you should have an idea of why you are seeing this error in the first place.
Here are some possible causes of the ‘crafting order creation failed’ error message on WoW:
- You have an insufficient skill level to craft certain items. Gain more experience and try again.
- Some materials are missing.
- The materials are incompatible with the item that you want to craft.
- There is a possible server issue.
- The presence of game bugs can hamper the game’s performance and you can all sorts of errors including this one.
- You have network connectivity issues on your side.
Also read: Create All not working in WoW: Quick Fix
‘Crafting order creation failed’: Possible Fixes
Now that you have understood the possible causes of the error, it is time for us to head to the fixes. Remember, there is no one fix that works in this scenario. You have to try multiple fixes and hope that one of them works.
Here is a list of the possible fixes for the ‘crafting order creation failed’ error:
Restart the game client
When you restart the game client, it clears the cache and also fixes any minor bugs. So, if you are repeatedly facing the error, restarting the game client should be your first option. If that didn’t work, then move on to the next steps.
Check for updates
Usually, companies launch patches to fix such small bugs in the game. To download the updates, log in to your Battle.net account and then check for updates there.
Try repairing your gear
Several users on Reddit have reported that repairing your gear fixes the crafting order failed error. Any Non-Player Character (NPC) who sells weapons or armour can repair the durability of your items. It will cost you some silver depending on the items that you are trying to repair. Heavier and epic items cost more to repair than common items.
Move your pointer over the repair-capable NPC and then click on Repair all items (a gold anvil icon) or Repair a single item (represented by a hammer icon).
Repair the items and check if you still see the ‘crafting order failed error’. If the error still persists, then move on to the next steps which are more on the hardware side and are slightly technical.
Clear the game cache
If the game’s cache is corrupt, you can witness a crafting order failed error. You can manually clear the cache to fix the problem.
Here are the steps to clear the game’s cache in Windows:
- Open the Task Manager on Windows by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Click on the Processes tab and then locate agent.exe or the Blizzard Update Agent file. After that click on the files and press End Process.
- Next, press the Windows Key + R and open the Run dialogue. Type %ProgramData% and then press Enter.
- Navigate to the Blizzard Entertainment folder and delete it.
- Restart the Battle.net client.
If you are a Mac user, follow the steps given below to clear the WoW cache:
- Click on the Go menu and then select Computer.
- Select Macintosh HD.
- Next, go to the /Users/Shared/Blizzard directory.
- Here, delete the Battle.net folder.
- Restart the game client.
Easy right? The process should fix the error asap. If not, move on to the next steps.
Check your internet connection
Sometimes, there are problems with your internet connection which requires a thorough diagnosis. We have given a few instructions so that you can check and fix the internet connection:
- First, make sure that there isn’t any internet outage in your area. You can ask your Internet Service Provider for the information or you can visit their website.
- If there is no outage, then it is time to check the hardware to make sure that they are not damaged. Check all the hardware associated with the internet connection. That includes your router, modem, power cable, and the main power source, among others. Ensure that all the hardware is undamaged and working properly. If you notice any damage, change it asap.
- If the hardware is fine, then it is time to check the connections. Make sure that the cables are secured firmly in the proper ports.
- Sometimes, there is too much distance between the WiFi and the receiving device. Make sure that the distance is less. Or, you can directly connect the internet to your computer as it provides a more stable speed compared to WiFi.
- Also, remove any other electronic appliances that might interfere with the WiFi signals. While you are at it, place the WiFi on a raised platform so that the devices catch signals seamlessly.
- If there are many devices connected to your network, remove them before playing games on the internet as the devices share the limited bandwidth of the plan. You can also think of upgrading your existing internet plan.
If all your hardware is working fine and there is no outage, even then you see a ‘crafting order creation failed’ error, then you should check out the following steps.
Check the Battle.net servers
Check the Battle.net servers for any disruptions. Many a time, due to maintenance or other circumstances, the company temporarily suspends the server operations.
You can visit any third-party website such as Downdetector or Blizzard Support page to assess the server issues. You can also visit Blizzard’s social media pages to get an update on the server maintenance.
Corrupt add-ons can hamper your gaming performance. Disable or delete the add-ons and see if it fixes the ‘crafting order creation failed’ error.
Here are the steps to delete or disable add-ons:
- Head to the following directory — C:\Program Files(x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interface\AddOns.
- When you locate the AddOns folder, delete it.
This will delete the add-ons to World of Warcraft. After that restart the game and see if the error still persists.
Wait it out
If nothing else works, then you will have to wait till the problem is resolved. If you head to the Can’t place crafting order page, you will see the following notice by Blizzard —
“We have received multiple reports of this issue and are currently investigating it. So far we have found that if an order is placed to the correct player, it works as it should.
However, errors are shown if you try to send an order to yourself, to a player on a different realm, or who doesn’t have the profession. This is intended, but the errors shown in these cases are not clear enough and we are working on rectifying this.”
Let us hope that Blizzard fixes this error in the latest patch or at least provides us with some guidance. Till there is no official word from the company, you can use the above instructions to fix the ‘crafting order creation failed’ error in World of Warcraft.
Also read: How to fix WoW error 134 fatal condition?