Facebook is the most widely used social media platform where you can connect with your family and friends. Facebook also lets you brand your self or the business that you have created. You can create a page or a group for this purpose.
Alongwith that, you can create an event and then invite the members directly from Facebook, which eliminates the need to contact every invitee individually.
In this article, we explain how you can create a group, page and an event on Facebook. Do read the article till the end for a detailed explanation.
Create a group on Facebook
To create a group on Facebook, follow the instructions given below.
- Sign in on Facebook.
- On the top right, click on the Create option.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Group option.
- In a new window, type the name of the group.
- Now, enter the name of the people that you want to add in your group (this step is optional, and you can add the members later on). You can also write an invitation note by clicking on the page icon at the extreme right.
- After that, select your group privacy –either public or private. In a public group, the group members and the posts are visible to all while in the private group, the group visibility. Then member identity can be seen only by the group members.
- If you want that anyone can search the group, then select the Visible option. On the other hand, if you want the group to remain hidden and only the members can find the group, then select the Hidden option.
- When you are done, click on Create.
Once you have created the group, it is time for you to add the profile as well as the cover picture. You can also add a description of the group to give people a better idea of what the group is all about. Along with that, click on the location option at the right to set the group location.
Create a page on Facebook
Creating a page will increase your appeal as well as business promotion. This is the reason many celebrities and businesses have their self managed Facebook pages.
To create a Facebook page, follow the steps given below.
- Sign in with your Facebook account.
- Click on the Create option at the top right corner.
- Select Page from the menu.
- After that, select the page identity — Business or brand or Community or Public Figure.
- Now, enter the name of the page as well as the category. For example, if you have a media and publishing company, select the appropriate option.
- Click on Continue.
- Upload the profile picture and the cover photo (both are optional).
Create an Event on Facebook
Facebook allows you to create events where you can invite your family, friends as well as colleagues. To create an Event on Facebook, follow the instructions given below.
- Go to Facebook and then sign in with your account.
- Click on the Create option and then on Event.
- On a new window, first, select the Event type — Public or Private. In a public event, anyone can search for the event whereas only the selected few ones can see the event.
- Next, upload a photo or a video for the event. Also, you can select the images that are already given.
- Enter the event name, location and description.
- When you are done with the details, click on Create Event.
We hope this article helped. We will bring more such Tech Basic tutorials in the future.
Also Read: How to delete your Spotify account?