California-based EdTech company, Chegg, has been helping students worldwide with their digital textbook rentals, tutoring and other educational services since 2005.
The platform has grown to over three million subscribers in this period and also offer free trials. If you’ve been using Chegg for a while and don’t need it anymore or just want to get rid of all the subscriptions or rentals and delete your Chegg account, you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we’ve discussed how to delete your Chegg account and also how to cancel any active subscriptions before you do so.
Also read: How to delete Target account?
How to delete Chegg account?
Before you proceed with deleting Chegg account, you’ll need to make sure that none of your subscriptions or rentals are actively being billed and clear them beforehand (refer to the guide below).
Once you’ve cancelled Chegg subscriptions, follow the steps mentioned below to delete Chegg account.
- Go to the Chegg account deletion form.
- Fill in your Name and Email.
- Then select Data Deletion Request.
- Click on the I’m not a robot checkbox.
- Click on the submit button.
Your request to delete Chegg account will now be processed. If everything is good, Chegg will delete all your personal information, including the subscription history associated with the account. You’ll need to create a new account if you want to use Chegg services again.
Note that failing to cancel subscriptions might hinder the processing of your request to delete Chegg account.
If this doesn’t work for you, you can alternatively call Chegg at 855-477-0177 to request account deletion or learn why your Chegg account can’t be deleted. If you’re in India, you can try to contact Chegg here.
Also read: How to delete Reddit account on iPhone?
How to cancel Chegg subscription?
If you still would want to use Chegg’s free service, including writing tools, flashcards or ordering books, you should cancel your subscription instead of deleting the Chegg account.
As mentioned above, you’ll also need to cancel any subscriptions if you’re going to delete the Chegg account.
:Log in to your Chegg account and follow the steps mentioned below to get rid of any active subscriptions.
- Click on this link and you’ll be redirected to the Chegg Subscriptions page.
- Select a subscription and then click on the Cancel subscription option to its right.
You can continue using the Chegg subscription until the next bill date and can also re-activate the Chegg subscription at any time after cancelling.
Also read: How to delete or deactivate Wispi account?
Can’t delete Chegg account? Troubleshoot
If your request to delete Chegg account has been denied, it could be because of one of the following reasons.
- You’ve got an active subscription. You can cancel the subscription to delete Chegg account.
- You’ve yet to return a rented textbook. You can return the book to delete Chegg account.
- You’ve yet to return a rented eTextbook. In such a case, you’ll need to wait for the rental period to get over before you can delete the Chegg account.
Also read: Dell Chromebook won’t turn on: 10 Fixes
Yatharth is the Marketing Head at Candid.Technology. He sometimes writes about Apple, Gaming and Social Platforms and also indulges in offbeat tech stuff from time to time.
Contact Yatharth via email: [email protected]