Facebook is arguably the biggest social media network we’ve seen on the internet as it grew from a dorm room project to a tech behemoth that we all know today. Alongwith the two billion-plus monthly active users, Facebook has millions of groups and pages made by these users as well as organisations and companies to spread their message. If you’re an owner of one of these millions of Facebook pages and wish to delete it, we’ve made a simple guide for you here.
Please note that once you confirm the deletion of your Facebook page, it’s still available for recovery for 14 days, after which it will be deleted permanently. In this duration, the page will remain published. You can also unpublish the page if you wish to take it off Facebook immediately.
If you feel you wish to take it off from Facebook temporarily, consider unpublishing your Facebook page instead of deleting it permanently. Unpublished pages can be recovered and restarted from the point when they were unpublished. Needless to say, only page admins can delete or unpublish a Facebook page.
Also read: How to add an admin to your Facebook page?
How to delete your Facebook Page via PC?
Step 1: Go to your Facebook page and click on the Settings option located on the top right of the page.Step 2: Your Facebook page’s settings will open in the General tab (you can view this on the left sidebar). Scroll down to find Remove Page from among the options on the right of the page. Step 3: Click on the Edit button. You’ll be asked if you wish to delete your page permanently. Click on Permanently Delete [Page Name] to confirm. Step 4: A pop-up will be displayed, asking you to confirm your choice for one last time. Click on Delete and then on OK.
Also read: Facebook vs Facebook Lite
How to cancel page deletion?
If you wish to recover your deleted Facebook page, go to your page before the 14-day period is over and click on Cancel Deletion, which is located at the top of the page. Then click on Confirm and then Ok.
How to unpublish your Facebook page via PC?
- Go to your Facebook page and click on the Settings option located on the top right of the page.
- Look for Page Visibility option at the top of the General tab. Click on Edit.
- Now you’ll see Page published and Page unpublished options. Click on Page unpublished and then on Save Changes.
After you unpublish a post, only people who are assigned a role on the page will be able to view it.
Also read: Should you delete or deactivate your Facebook account or page?
How to delete Facebook Page via Page app?
- Open the app, go to the page you wish to delete and tap on Settings.
- On the next page, scroll down and under Page Options, find and tap on Delete Page
- On the next page, you’ll be prompted to confirm the delete request alongwith a message. To confirm your action, tap on the Delete Page? button.
In the News: Facebook might remove the ‘Like’ button counter soon
How to unpublish your Facebook page via the app?
- Click on the Page Visibility option just above Delete Page under the Page Options.
- The next page has two options — Publish and Unpublish.
- Tap on Unpublish
Also read: How to verify your Facebook page or account