Do you have to have an Instagram account for Threads? Many people ask this question after they have heard about the new Threads app by Instagram, touted as a rival to X, formally Twitter.
Threads is a standalone app that lets you share photos, videos, messages, and stories with your close friends and followers.
But can you use Threads without Instagram? The answer is yes, you do.
Threads can be understood as a companion app for Instagram. First, you will have to create an Instagram account, and only then you will be able to sign up on Threads. If you don’t have an Instagram account, you cannot use Threads in the first place.
Also read: How to make a Discord server?
How to create an account on Threads?
As explained earlier, you need an Instagram account before signing up on Threads. The steps we have mentioned below are from where you have a working Instagram ID.
Here are the steps to create an account on Threads:
- Open Instagram and then tap on the profile picture at the bottom right of the screen.
- Next, tap on Threads.
- After that, tap on your Instagram account that you like to use for creating a Threads account. You can tap on Switch accounts to switch to another Instagram ID.
- Now, you will have to enter your Bio and any Links that you want to display. You can also tap on Import from Instagram.
- Next, tap on Continue to finally enter into the Threads platform.
That’s it! By following the steps above, you can easily create a Threads account. Now, let us understand the logic behind this weird integration of Threads and Instagram.
Also read: How to unmute someone’s story on Instagram?
Why did Meta make Threads this way?
The logic behind the move to integrate Threads with Instagram is that the former is designed to help you stay connected with your friends and family on the latter platform.
You can easily switch between the two apps and keep your conversations going by linking Threads to your Instagram account. Moreover, you can also check your close friends’ stories and statuses on Threads, which are not visible to anyone else on Instagram.
Here’s how to switch between Threads and Instagram:
- Open Threads and tap your profile icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Now, tap on the Instagram icon to switch to Instagram.
If you don’t have an Instagram account, don’t worry; you only require your phone number to create the account. Head to the Instagram login page and click on Sign up.
With this article, we hope we have cleared all your doubts regarding Threads and Instagram and the connection between them. Please share this article and visit the website for more information.
Also read: How to make a slideshow on Instagram?