Spotify has emerged as one of the go-to choices for streaming music online with a library consisting of millions of songs and podcasts, enjoyed by over 124 million subscribers and 271 million active users in 79 markets worldwide.
Spotify has over 4 billion playlists available covering almost all genres, which go a long way in managing many occasions and moods. In addition, users can create their playlists to groove to the tracks they like the most. Its premium subscription allows you to enjoy ad-free streaming, among several other added features, including downloading and playing tracks offline, making music streaming much more accessible even in areas with a spotty internet connection.
The Premium subscription of Spotify has different plans for different purposes with reasonable prices, and you can try them for free for a month in most of the markets. However, if you’re a student, Spotify offers significant discounts on its Premium subscription, making it all the more worth buying.
Students can get a 50% discount on Spotify Premium and if you want in on the deal, follow the steps mentioned below to get your student discount on Spotify.
Also read: Spotify free vs Spotify Premium: Is the upgrade worth it?
How to get Spotify Premium student discount?
The guide below uses steps depicted on the Spotify Android app, but similar steps would apply when getting a student discount on Spotify on PC or iOS.
- Open the Spotify app and then tap on the Premium button on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- On the next page, all the premium plans are presented to you. Scroll down and tap on the Try 1 Month free button.
- You will be taken to a new page powered by SheerID to verify your student ID details. Click on the Next button to continue the process (and move to the next guide below).
- On the next page, you have to fill in your first and last name, email address, country, and the name of your college. Then click on the Next button.
- Now on this page, you have to upload any school-issued document to prove that you are currently enrolled in college. These can include a student Id card, class schedule, transcript, registration and tuition fee receipt or your letter of enrollment to the college. Once you’ve got the file attached, tap on the Submit button.
- You will be taken to a confirmation page. If you have uploaded valid documents, then you will get a confirmation email on the email address you have registered within three days. Tap on the Back to Spotify button and enjoy your free subscription in the meantime.
- We got the email within a couple of hours, and you will, too, if your college is already listed in the SheerID database. In the confirmation email you receive, tap on Get Student Discount button and enjoy Spotify premium at half the price.
Also read: What is the download limit on Spotify? Where is it available?