Instagram released an accessibility feature Auto Caption in mid-2021, this feature allows its users to add captions to their Instagram Stories and Reels. The Auto caption feature makes it easier for creators on Instagram and other users to generate captions through the audio in the Reel. The captions help the viewers understand the content of the video much better plus there are many users who prefer to watch videos without sound, so adding captions to the videos helps the creators and marketers to reach them effectively.
In this article, we have discussed how to add captions to reels on Instagram in a few simple and easy steps.
Also read: How to find Instagram lives?
Adding captions to reels on Instagram
Below we have explained the steps to help you add captions to reels on Instagram.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and then tap on Add (Plus sign inside a square box) icon, it will open the camera.
- Slide to the Reel option and then record your reel or add it through the mobile storage.
- After recording the reel tap on the Sticker icon located in the centre of all icons at the top of the screen.
- Choose the Captions sticker, it is usually located in the top row of the stickers.
- It will start transcribing the audio in your reel and soon the automatic captions will start appearing on the screen. Instagram allows its users to change the way captions look, you can customize the caption text format using different colours and text options. You can also change where the captions will appear on the screen when your Reel is played.
- Tap on the Done button located at the top right corner of the screen.
- After editing your reel, tap on the Next button.
- And then tap on the Share button to share your reel on your profile.
Also read: Instagram Reels not working: Quick Fix