Minecraft places great emphasis on crafting tools, weapons and shelters to protect yourself from the mob, mine elements and survive in the game. However, the game does offer a few fun things to do as well when you aren’t busy digging for ores or fighting off mobs.
There are a number of dyes that you can make in Minecraft to colour a number of items. In this article, we’re taking a look at how to make white dye in Minecraft.
Also read: How to make sticks in Minecraft?
White dye in Minecraft
Just like in the real world, dyes in Minecraft are used to colour objects. Using a white dye, you can colour the following items:
- Tamed wolves (can be used to change collar colours)
- Tamed cats (can be used to change collar colours)
- Leather armour
- Shulker boxes
- Water in cauldrons (Education and Bedrock editions)
- Shulkers (Education and Bedrock editions)
Additionally, white dyes can be combined with the following items to make new items:
- With gunpowder to create firework stars
- With sand and gravel to make concrete powder
- With compounds to make balloons or glowsticks (Education and Bedrock editions)
Also read: How to get Black Dye in Minecraft?
How to make White dye in Minecraft?
To create the white dye, you need either of the following items:
- Bone meal: Can be crafted from bones or bone blocks.
- Lily of the Valley: Can be found in Forests, Birch Forests, Dark Forests and Flower Forests.
Once you have either of the aforementioned items, you can place them in any grid slot of either your personal crafting grid or the crafting table to turn them into dyes.
Personal crafting grid:
Crafting table grid:
Once you have the dye ready, you can move it to your inventory and use them as you like. Dyes are stackable as well, meaning you can store up to 64 of them in a single slot.
Also read: How to make a Flower Pot in Minecraft?