Polls are a great way to get feedback from your followers on Tumblr. You can ask questions, generate interest or simply get people’s opinions on a certain topic using the polls.
In this article, we talk about how you can make a poll on Tumblr.
Creating a poll on Tumblr (web and app)
Tumblr started rolling out the poll feature at the start of this year. This feature is available on all platforms — iOS, Android and the web.
Here are the steps to create a poll on Tumblr:
- Once you are logged in on Tumblr on a computer, you will see a poll option when you create a text post.
- Write a question in the space mentioned ‘Ask your question’.
- Add the options. You can add a maximum of 10 options in each poll.
- Now, set the poll duration to one day or a week as per your requirement.
- Next, click on Go ahead, put anything space to add commentary to your poll. You can add audio, link, video or GIFs here to make it look more interesting to your followers.
- After that, add tags so that people can find your posts with ease. Adding relevant tags increases the reach of your post.
- Is your poll for the mature audience? If yes, then click on Everyone and then select Mature.
- When you are done with all the steps, click on Post now.
That’s it! By following the steps above, you will have successfully created your first poll on Tumblr. Remember, the polls can’t be added when you repost, they can only be added to original posts. Take a look at the screenshot below to get an idea of how I created a simple poll on Tumblr.
Also read: How to change your Tumblr theme?
Tips to create a more engaging poll on Tumblr
Here are some tips which will help you in creating a more meaningful and engaging poll on Tumblr:
- Make sure the poll question is relevant and precise.
- Keep your poll options short and to the point.
- If you are asking a question, make sure that there is a clear answer. If not, include a maybe or I am not sure option.
- If you are gauging interest, make sure your options are mutually exclusive.
- If you are asking for people’s opinions, make sure your options are open-ended.
Frequently answered questions (FAQs)
Let us dive into a few FAQs on the topic:
Are Tumblr polls anonymous?
Usually, when you publish a post, you want it to be visible to as many people as you can. However, you can also post your poll privately by clicking on Post now > Post privately.
How to make a poll on Tumblr mobile?
You can create a poll on the Tumblr app using the same steps that we have mentioned above.
Also read: How to delete your Tumblr account?