If you are trying to stay out late or trying to avoid your parents from finding out where you are or hide a mini-vacation from your friends, you can pause your Find My location. This is the best way to avoid being tracked by your friends or family in any given situation (kidnappers beware). So if you are trying to show your location as fixed in one place, you can follow our guide.
In this article, we will give you three different ways in which you can freeze or pause your Find My location without causing suspicion.
You can place your device on airplane mode instead of switching it off. This way your location will be visible on the map and not completely hidden which could have raised an alarm. Your network is lost when you switch on the airplane mode hence not providing any fuel to the location services on your iPhone. The airplane mode on your iPhone can be switched on through the steps provided below:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Under your name, tap on the Airplane Mode toggle to switch it on.
Also read: How to turn off the location on your iPhone?
Switching off location
You can turn off your location services as well as stop sharing your location directly on the Find My option itself. Follow the steps given below to individually switch off both location sharing:
You can pause your location on the Find My app by switching off your overall location services. In this way, other apps that use your location will not be able to use the same to track your whereabouts like your local food delivery app or Maps. You can switch off your location services by following the steps given below:
- Head to Settings and scroll down to tap on Privacy.
- Tap on Location Services.
- If the Location Services toggle is in the on position, you can switch it off.
Find My Location
Ever since Apple combined Find My Friends and Find My iPhone under one app called ‘Find My’ on iPhone, it has helped bring many controls under one umbrella. Now you can switch off your Find My app’s location directly from your settings. Fortunately, keep in mind that even if you switch off your Find My settings to pause your location, it will not stop tracking your Find My iPhone settings, which are separate.
There are two ways to switch off your location through the Find My app in order to freeze or pause it:
- You can continue from the previous Location Services page, only now tap on the Share My Location option at the bottom of this page.
- You will be directed to the Find My page and you can switch off the Share My Location toggle here.
- You can also tap on the Find My iPhone option to check if it is switched on.
The second method takes you to the Find My page directly from the settings:
- Open Settings on your iPhone and tap on your Apple ID.
- Tap on the Find My option.
- Go to the Share My Location toggle and switch it off.
Also read: How to find SIM card number on iPhone?