Photo: Primakov / Shutterstock.com
As an Android user, you may want to put a Google Search bar on the home screen of your mobile phone.
This widget is particularly helpful as it lets you search Google directly from your home screen without opening the Google app or a browser. Moreover, it offers quick access to Google Lens, which lets you search with your camera.
But sometimes, it may happen that your device’s home screen doesn’t have a Google Search bar, or you have accidentally deleted it and want it back. In this article, we’ll tell you how to do that in a few simple steps.
Put the Google Search bar on the Android home screen
Follow the steps given below:
- Press in a space on your mobile screen and then select Widgets.
- Afterwards, head to Google and tap on the downward arrow to open the list of widgets associated with Google. It includes widgets such as the Search, Finance watchlist and Sound Search.
- Now, all you have to do is select the Search widget and place it at a location of your choice.
You will notice that the Google Search bar is available on the home screen of your mobile phone. Now you can enjoy searching Google with just a tap.
Also read: What is RTT calling on Android?
How to customize the Google Search bar widget on Android?
To customise the widgets, follow the steps given below:
- Head to the Google app and then tap on the profile picture at the top right of the screen.
- Next, tap on Settings. In the Settings option, select the Search widget.
- Now, tap on the Customise widget and start your customisation. Here, you will see four options starting from left to right: The first option will let you decide if you want to see the full spelling of Google or just a ‘G’ at the left of the Search bar, the second option will let you customise the Search box’s shape, the third option will let you decide the Search bar colour, and finally, the fourth option will let you decide the shading.
Also read: How to clear the clipboard on Android?
How to remove the Google Search bar widget from the home screen on Android?
If your home screen is cluttered with widgets and you want to remove a few of them, including the Google Search bar, follow the instructions below:
- Press the Search widget until you see a Remove option at the top of the screen.
- Drag the widget to the Remove option and release it.
- Tap anywhere on the screen to exit the edit mode.
That’s how you can add, customise and remove the Google Search bar widget on your Android home screen. We hope this article was helpful and informative.
Also read: How to find screen time on Android?