Motorola has a wide range of phone models that have similar characteristics when it comes to responding to lingering bugs or glitches. If your Motorola phone is hanging up or is slow in responding to your commands, it might be time to restart your phone to remove any glitches as well as to let it update to the newest software, if there is one available.
In this article, we will be covering the basics of how you can restart your Moto phone, regardless of the model.
Also read: How to restart Dell laptop?
If your phone is constantly switching off by itself or the screen is freezing, a fresh restart can help your phone to get tuned to the latest software updates. You can use the buttons on your phone to carry out a reboot or restart by following the steps given below:
- Press and keep holding the power button for at least 20 seconds. If your phone does not shut down by itself, it will show you a couple of options, choose restart from them.
- For a direct restart without any visible options, you can also press the lower volume button and power button simultaneously for 20 seconds and your phone will restart automatically. Let your phone take its own time to restart.
During this process, your phone might take a screenshot of your current screen as the lower volume button and power button can also help you take a screenshot when help together.
Other information to keep in mind
You should keep in mind some important points if you are concerned about the restarting procedure mentioned above:
- No data on your device will be lost or deleted.
- You might lose the cache of various apps, which is beneficial and non-harmful.
- Make sure that your device has a charge of at least 5% or for 15 minutes if the battery is entirely drained.
Also read: How to restart Discord?