Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world, where you can share your photos, videos, stories, reels and more with your friends and followers.
However, it may happen that sometimes you want to have a more private conversation with someone on Instagram without leaving traces of your messages. That’s where Vanish mode comes into play.
Vanish mode is a feature on Instagram akin to the vanishing messages on WhatsApp or Snapchat’s ephemeral messaging. When you enable this feature, your messages will automatically disappear after they are seen or when you close the chat.
You can also swipe up on the screen to delete the entire conversation. The only restriction of the Vanish Mode is that it only works for direct messages on Instagram.
Vanish mode is a fun and safe way to have more intimate conversations on Instagram. But, it may not be for everyone. Maybe you don’t like the idea of your messages disappearing, or you want to keep a record of your chats for future reference. Or maybe you accidentally turned on the Vanish Mode and want to turn it off. Whatever the reason, in this article, we will show you how to turn off Vanish Mode on Instagram.
Turn off Vanish Mode on Instagram
Follow the steps given below to turn off Vanish Mode on Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app and then click on the DM button at the top right of the screen.
- Now, either select an existing conversation or start a new conversation. Swipe up to turn on the Vanish Mode and again swipe up to turn it off.
Once you have turned on the Vanish Mode, Instagram will notify you if someone sends you a message.
Note: Vanish Mode only works for one-to-one conversation on Instagram. It will not work for group chats.
Also read: How to change your Instagram password?
Additional tips and information
Here are some tips and information that you should remember:
- Vanish Mode only works for one-one-chats with existing contacts, providing an added layer of security.
- Messages sent in this mode cannot be copied, forwarded, or saved by either party.
- Both users can disable Vanish Mode in the chat, ensuring mutual control over the conversation’s visibility.
- If you take a screenshot of the conversation in Vanish Mode, the other party will be notified promptly.
Also read: How to edit Instagram comments?
Frequently answered questions (FAQs)
Let us head to some FAQs on the topic:
Why can’t I turn off vanish mode on Instagram?
Try clearing the app’s cache, restarting your phone, and updating the Instagram app to fix the problem.
Where is vanish mode in settings?
There are no settings for Vanish Mode as such. Open an existing conversation or start a new one and swipe up to activate the Vanish Mode.
Also read: How to turn off Instagram notifications?