You must verify your YouTube channel to demonstrate you are a physical being and not some Internet bot before you can develop your channel and make it your own. Several steps are involved in verifying your account.
Verifying your YouTube account gives uploaders a great feat of advantages, including removing the 15-minute video duration restriction, connecting your videos to third-party websites through annotations, live streaming, and customisable video thumbnails. Verification must be performed by a mobile — either by SMS or a voice call.
Anyway chosen, a 6-digit code for the verification is given. The method takes only a few minutes to obtain the additional features that are available to the verified accounts.
Also read: What is the Download Limit on YouTube?
How to verify a YouTube channel?
Follow the steps mentioned below to get your YouTube account verified:
- Search your web browser for the verification page. The country and method of verification have to be chosen on the website. You will be encouraged to log into your YouTube account if you haven’t already.
- Choose your country from the dropdown menu.
- Select the SMS or voice call option to obtain the verification code. Both methods give you a code of 6-digits which has to be entered on the website.
- Enter your phone number.
- Click on Submit. You will either get a text message/SMS or a call depending on the verification method you have selected.
- Enter the 6-digit code and click on Submit.
These steps should get your YouTube channel verified and let you make use of the additional features available except monetisation until you have more than 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time int he past 12 months.
Also read: How to verify your Facebook page or account
Tech head. Loves Manchester United and headbanging to Rock music. Avid timelapse maker. Currently studying to become a web developer and an artist.