Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms of all time, with millions of users around the globe. However, as popular as the platform might be, it isn’t immune to random bugs and glitches.
In this article, we’re taking a look at the Instagram add post button missing issue when you’re trying to repost posts to your stories or just uploading a normal post.
Why is this happening?
There are several reasons why you might not see the share post to story button.
- The account has disabled post resharing.
- You’re seeing a private account’s Story.
- Internet connectivity issues.
- Issues on the Instagram app.
Apart from the issues mentioned above, Instagram also often rolls out one feature in a particular region before it does the same in others, so there’s a chance that your region might not have received the feature yet.
How to fix it?
Here are a few solutions you can try out to fix the Instagram post button missing issue.
Update your app
The first thing you should try is looking for updates for the Instagram app. Head over to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store and check if you’ve got any updates. If any updates are available, install them right away and try again.
If updating didn’t work, try removing the app from your phone and installing it again. This can help freshen things up and eliminate any corrupt files or data hindering app functionality.
Try signing out
You can try signing out of Instagram and signing back in again to check if that resolves your issue.
- Tap on your profile picture at the bottom-right of the app.
- Then tap on the triple horizontal bar (hamburger) menu icon at the top-right.
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the next page and tap on Log Out.
Also read: How to turn off reels on Facebook?
Use a VPN
Often Instagram will release a feature in one region and not the other. In such cases, you can get around these geo-restrictions using a VPN. Select a server in a location where you know the feature works and try again.
Sharing permissions for posting to Story
Even if the post you’re trying to share comes from a public account, there’s a chance that the account holder might have disabled post sharing. This can create the Instagram post button missing issue.
Here’s how this setting can be changed.
- Open the Instagram app and head over to your profile by tapping your profile picture in the bottom right.
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon on the top right.
- Tap the Settings option.
- Head over to Privacy.
- Now tap on Story.
- Toggle the Allow Resharing to Stories option to what you want.
This should get the Instagram post button back up and running as usual.
Also read: How to quote Reddit comment?
Clear the app cache
Clearing the app’s cache can eliminate any corrupt files or data that might interfere with Instagram’s functionality.
- Tap on Apps and notifications.
- Tap on Show all apps and find Instagram from the list. If you’ve recently used Instagram, it’ll also show up in the recent apps.
- Tap on Instagram.
- Then tap on Storage & cache.
- Then tap on the Clear Cache button.
At times, contacting Instagram about the issue is all you can do. Here’s how.
- Open the Instagram app and head over to your profile by tapping your profile picture in the bottom-right.
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon on the top right to open the options menu.
- Tap on Settings.
- Head over to Help.
- Under Help, tap on Report a Problem.
- You’ll be presented with a few options to choose from. Tap on Report a Problem again.
- Here you can describe the issues you’re facing and attach any relevant screenshots.
Once you’ve reported to Instagram, all you can do is sit back, wait and hope you get lucky; and if you do, the Instagram post button missing issue should be solved for you.