If you are constantly using Uber’s services, including their driving app and Uber Eats, then Uber One might work for you. Uber One is a new subscription-based membership model launched by Uber in late-2021 which aims to bring down your overall expenditure on Uber services. It can be auto-renewed every month or annually.
in this article, we will discuss whether purchasing this subscription is advantageous over using the two services offered by Uber separately.
Also read: What is UberX? How is it different?
What is Uber One?
Uber One covers Uber Eats and Uber’s ride-sharing app and benefits users by offering discounts, exclusive perks, and free delivery on Uber Eats orders. Uber Eats is available in only 6000 cities spread over 45 countries. Uber Eats is also available within other main food delivery apps in certain countries, for example, in India, Uber Eats was purchased by Zomato, which is a major food delivery company in the country. Thus, Uber One will probably be limited to only where both cab and food services of Uber exist.
The entire subscription model is available for $9.99 monthly and $99.99 annually. Uber predicts your savings according to the average amount saved by the members of your country, which can be around $27 saved annually on rides and orders by using Uber One. They also partner with third parties to offer a discount on membership for eligible users.
Benefits offered by Uber One
Uber One offers various benefits to its members, some of which are worth looking at if you are a frequent user of Uber’s services:
- You can get all food items, including drinks, with free delivery.
- As an Uber One member, you can get up to 10% off on all eligible deliveries and pickup orders from restaurants or stores that have a small gold Uber One icon underneath their name which distinguishes them as third-party participants of Uber One.
- If your latest arrival estimate from Uber is wrong or late then as a member and on eligible deliveries, you will be refunded $5 in Uber Cash.
- Uber One members will get a majority of rides at a 5% discount with top-rated drivers on Uber.
- As a member, you can receive special offers and promotions.
- Taxes and fees will not be applied if you place a minimum order value.
Some conditions to remember
While Uber One offers various eye-catching discounts, there are some terms and conditions attached to their offers. For example, even if the delivery is free on orders, some service taxes or charges cannot be waived. Furthermore, given below is a list of some things that you can keep in mind to make an informed decision about Uber One :
- Only first-time members can get a month of the free trial.
- Taxes and fees will be applicable on additional charges like packaging by a restaurant or exclusions like surge pricing.
- If you are ordering from a restaurant that does not have a gold Uber One icon under their name, you can get free delivery on a minimum order of $15 as well as a 10% discount.
- If you are ordering from a grocery store with a gold Uber One icon under its name, you can get free delivery on spending a minimum of $35 and a 5% discount. This discount will not be available in Texas.
- If you pre-book an Uber ride 30 minutes or more in advance, Uber Once discounts will not be available.
- If you want to cancel your Uber Once account, do it 48 hours before the billing day to avoid auto-renewal. if you are within the 48-hour period, contact Uber Support to cancel.
- Your auto-renewal payments are non-refundable.
- Your savings with Uber One do not include the price of your subscription, and a fixed amount of savings are not guaranteed by Uber One.
Also read: How to delete your Uber Eats account?