Netflix, a service that originated in USA in 1997, is one of the most popular online streaming services which operates in over 190 countries and serves over 130 million subscribers.
The streaming service includes a vast library of different entertainment media like TV series, movies, documentaries across a wide variety of genres and languages that can be watched by the members across any internet-connected device.
At the time of writing, the first month of Netflix subscription fee in Australia is free
To encourage people to try out the streaming service and its content, Netflix offers its subscribers a month of the free trial before they start billing them monthly.
This free month trial comes without any commitment or contract and can be cancelled at anytime the subscriber decides — even before the billing begins. All you need to do is sign up for the free trial.
Netflix has three plans in Australia — Basic, Standard and Premium. Features available with each one are discussed in detail below.
Also read: Netflix vs Amazon Prime Video vs Hotstar vs YouTube Premium
Netflix Basic plan
The Netflix subscription fee in Australia for the Basic plan is $9.99 per month and has the following features available for subscribers:
- Users can only watch on one screen at the same time
- Users can watch on either a laptop, TV, phone and tablet
- There is no limitation to the amount of content a user can view, all the content in the gallery is accessible to all subscribers, even during the trial period
- Subscribers can cancel anytime
Netflix Standard plan
The Netflix subscription fee for the Standard plan is $13.99 per month and in addition to all the features available to subscribers of the Basic plan has the following features available for subscribers:
- HD content is available for subscribers to the Standard plan
- Users can watch on two screens at the same time
Netflix Premium plan
The Netflix subscription fee for the Premium plan is $17.99 per month and in addition to all the features available to subscribers of the Basic and Standard plan has the following features available for subscribers:
- HD and Ultra HD content is available for the subscribers to the Premium plan
- Users can watch on four screens at the same time.
The thing to note is that not all the content in Netflix’s library is available in HD or Ultra HD. Members can upgrade or downgrade their Netflix subscription plan at any time via the Accounts page once you sign-in.
Also read: What is the Download Limit for Netflix?