If you have bought an Apple device or made a purchase at an iTunes store which you are now second-guessing, you can return the product. However, Apple does have some strict guidelines that you may need to follow if you are trying to initiate a return or follow through on an exchange.
In this article, we will discuss how to go about getting a refund for a returned product from Apple.
Getting started with the refund
You should keep in mind some of the following points before returning any Apple product and to receive a successful refund on your returned Apple product:
- Apple initiates a refund only after receiving the item that you have returned.
- You will be charged a pick-up fee.
- If you decide to keep the item but forget to cancel the return request, you can submit a cancellation request to get a refund of the pick-up fee.
- Credit or debit card payments will be refunded within five to six business days. The refund will only be initiated if the returned item or a cancellation request has been received.
- If your Apple product was purchased using a gift card, you will receive a gift card as a refund in your email.
- If your Apple product was purchased using your Apple Account Balance, you will receive the refund in your Apple Account Balance.
- Make sure all your orders are paid before requesting a refund. Similarly, check if there is any pending charge.
- Keep all the cords, adapters, and documents that came with the item carefully packed.
Also read: How to fix Apple TV no sound issue?
Steps to refund
A refund is only possible when a return has been requested. So, if you are no longer satisfied with your Apple product purchased from either App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books, or other Apple services, you can begin the return process in this way:
- Visit Apple report the problem and sign in with your Apple account.
- Tap on I’d like to and choose the option, Request a refund.
- Give your reason for the refund and tap on Next.
- Choose the item that you would like a refund for and tap on Submit.
You can also ship the item back to Apple and then fill in the refund form mentioned above. You can return an item by following the steps given below:
- Go to your Order Listing page. Sign in with your Apple account.
- You will be shown a list of recently purchased Apple products. Select your item.
- Below the order details of your item, click on the Start a return link.
- Now, click on the Get Started option, confirm the item being returned, and click on the Initiate Your Return option.
- Press the Print Return Label option. This will print out your shipping label, attach it to the original packaging if possible
If you are in the US, you can bring your device to an Apple Store where a specialist can help you with your refund process. Again, if you are in the US or any area with an Apple Store, you only have 14 days to return a purchased item.
Apple directly deals with refunds when their products have been purchased from either the Apple retail store or through their website. In case, you have bought any Apple product from a third-party reseller, you can approach them for a refund if it is applicable according to their return and refund policy.
The items listed below may not be eligible for a refund or a return:
- Any open and installed software
- Electronic software downloads
- Software up-to-date products (software upgrades)
- Apple gift cards (includes previous generation Apple Store gift cards and App Store & iTunes gift cards)
- Apple developer products (membership, technical support incidents, print products among others)
The purchased software can be returned if it hasn’t been installed or if the seal or sticker on its packaging remains broken.
Also read: Apple TV blinking light: 6 Fixes
Always curious, calm, and a little crazy, you can find me daydreaming or studying. An avid reader, traveler, and graduate of Aviation Science, I love gaining new experiences in life and star gazing.
You can contact her here: [email protected]