Saving an email as a PDF is helpful as it helps those who want to keep an offline copy of the email; even more so, if the contents of the email are important or confidential. If you want to keep an email safe in-person, creating a PDF copy and deleting the email from Gmail or your any of your preferred emailing services might be helpful. You can even print the PDF copies of the email if you want.
In this article, we will guide you through how to save an email as PDF in Gmail on PC and mobile apps in a few simple steps. While the guides below are specific to Gmail’s app and website, it should give you an idea of how to save emails as PDF on other email clients like Outlook too.
Also read: How to set up automatic reply in Gmail?
Saving email as PDF on mobile apps for Android and iOS
Launch the Gmail app and open the email you want to save as PDF and follow the steps below.
- Tap on the Meatball (triple horizontal dots) icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- In the menu that appears, tap on the Print option.
- Printing screen will open, tap on the Select a printer option.
- Few options will appear; tap on Save as PDF option and then tap on Save button above the pages of the email.
- Then your download screen will appear; save the PDF file in your preferred location on your device.
Also read: How to delete contacts in Gmail?
Saving email as PDF on Gmail website
Login to your account on mail.google.com (or gmail.com) on any browser on your PC, open the email you want to save as PDF and follow the steps below.
Step 1: Click on the Print icon at the top right corner of the email.
Step 2: The print menu will appear. Click on the tab beside the destination option and a list will appear. Select the Save as PDF option.
Step 3: After selecting the save option, click on the Save button that appears and then save the PDF in your preferred folder.
Also read: How to insert a GIF in Gmail?
Akash is a law graduate who likes to go for bike rides on the weekends soul-searching for answers to his many existential questions.