Google Drive is a cloud-based storage service that was launched in 2012 and can be accessed via your Google Account. Here, you can share your work with your friends, colleagues, teachers, among others. Having cloud-based storage eliminates the need to worry as all your documents are safe online if you have robust password protection. Also, cloud-based storage saves a lot of time as you can submit answers and share the work in a matter of seconds, immaterial whether you have your PC or not since these can be accessed from any internet-connected device simply by logging in.
In this article, we will explain how you can share folders in Google Drive — specifically with a person as well as by generating shareable links.
How to share folders in Google Drive app?
If you are using the Google Drive app to share folders, follow the steps given below.
- Open the app.
- Select the folder that you want to share in Google Drive.
- Now, tap on the three-dot menu at the top right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Tap on Share option.
- Now, type the name of the person that you want to share the folder.
- Once you have typed the name, tap on the left inverted-pen icon to grant a specific set of permissions to the person. There are three sets of permissions that you can give to the person — Can edit, Can comment and Can view. Select the setting that you want.
- Now tap on the Share button at the top of the page as shown in the screenshot above.
Note: If you want to create a link of the folder so that you can share it with many people, click on the three-dot button > Link sharing off. This will turn on the link-sharing, and the link will be copied automatically. Now, you have to paste the link on the platform that you would like to share.
Also read: How to install Eclipse on Linux?
How to share folders in Google Drive website?
If you are using Google Drive on the computer, follow the steps given below to share the folders.
- Open Google Drive and then sign in with your Google account.
- Now, click on the folder you want to share. A toolbar will appear on the top. Select one of the first two options, which will help you get a shareable link and share with a person.
- Alternatively, you can right-click on the folder and then click on Share option.
- Enter the email of the receiver, and then click on the inverted pen icon to give specific permission to the receiver. The permissions are — Can edit, Can comment, Can view.
- When you are done, click on the Done button.
Note: If you want to generate the link to the folder, you will have to right-click on the folder and then click on Get shareable link or click on the Shareable link icon that appears on the top toolbar. Alternatively, you can open the Share option as explained on the steps above and then click on Get shareable link, which is located at the top-right.
Also read: How to find MAC address on Windows?