If you have ever opened a PDF file, chances are that you have used Adobe Acrobat Reader. It is a straightforward tool designed to create and customise PDF files.
This article will discuss how to fix the ‘There was an error opening this document: Access Denied’ error.
Cause of this error
This error occurs when you are trying to open a PDF file through an email client such as Microsoft Outlook.
Also read: How to fix Adobe Error 111200?
Fix 1: By using the Security (Enhanced) option
If you ever see this error, you can opt for the following process:
- Open Acrobat Reader and then click on the Edit option at the top.
- From the list of options in the drop-down menu, select Preference. Alternatively, you can use the shortcut – Ctrl + K to open the preference menu directly.
- In the Preference menu, select Security (Enhanced) setting on the left panel and then uncheck Enable Protected Mode at startup option.
- Click on Yes on the confirmation screen.
This will resolve the error. Next time you can open the document without any hassle.
Fix 2: Check for updates
Checking for updates should be your go-to method in case of any error. Sometimes it happens that the error might be from a result of the application not being updated.
To update Acrobat Reader, follow the steps given below:
- Open Acrobat Reader and then click on the Help option at the top.
- From the drop-down menu, select Check for updates option at the bottom. Alternatively, you can press C on the keyboard after you have clicked on the Help option.
You should check for updates from time to time in order to enhance your productivity and error-free experience.