If you have been a regular customer of Uber, then it might be about time for you to become more comfortable in your journey. Not talking about luxury sedans, Uber has introduced a new level of customisation to their services called Uber Comfort. They brought in Uber Comfort in 2019 and you probably have not heard about it, as it isn’t available everywhere.
In this article, we will be focussing on what is Uber Comfort, how much it costs, and how you can avail a ride with this new feature added by Uber.
Also read: What is UberX? How is it different?
Uber Comfort de-mystified
As the name suggests, Uber Comfort takes the comfort of the rider into the mind and provides cars that are more spacious along with a customisable ride experience. You are in charge of customising the way you want your ride to go — limiting conversations, maintaining a specific temperature, and an extended pick-up time.
Advantages of Uber Comfort
Uber Comfort provides monetary comfort to the driver and atmospheric comfort to the rider, a win-win situation for both. Gone are the days when you scream at your driver to rush to help you reach your destination on time in blistering heat or even those days when your driver would not stop talking. You can now have more control in your hand with the following comfort options provided by Uber:
- You can choose from four temperature presets on the app to choose your desired temperature.
- You can inform your driver in advance about your chatting preferences.
- The fleet of cars in Uber Comfort is extra spacious with more legroom.
- With an extended waiting period, the driver is willing to wait for ten minutes before any wait fee or cancellation fee is charged. You can take your time without any last-minute rush.
- You will only be provided with highly-rated drivers.
|Advantages for riders||Advantages for drivers|
|Temperature control||More money than UberX|
|Speech regulation||Streamlined ride preference in advance|
|More legroom||Higher wait fees|
|Extended wait period||Higher cancellation fees|
If you want to be part of the Uber Comfort fleet as a driver, then there are some minimum requirements that you will have to clear:
- You should have completed at least 100 trips.
- You should have a minimum star rating of 4.85.
- You should be driving a larger or longer vehicle with more legroom instead of a smaller car.
- You should be eligible for another Uber option as well which includes UberX, UberXL, Uber Black, or Uber Black SUV.
- You should have a clean and professionally-kept vehicle.
- Your driving record should be clean as well.
Also read: Does Uber charge per person?
With minimum driver eligibility, there automatically comes vehicle eligibility as well. Your vehicle should meet the minimum vehicle year requirement presented by Uber. In addition to the car having more leg space, it should also be not older than five years. Every year Uber takes out an annual review of eligible vehicles that can be used for Uber Comfort. You can find eligible vehicle models in the link provided below:
The eligible vehicles decided by Uber for their Uber Comfort fleet can be found here
Currently, Uber Comfort is not available in all parts of the world. It is available in 40 cities at the moment and here’s a list of most of them.
- Kansas City
- San Francisco
- St. Louis
- Tampa Bay
- Washington D.C.
- Hampton Roads
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- New Jersey
- New Orleans
- Orange County
- Palm Springs
- Rhode Island
- Salt Lake City
- San Antonio
- San Diego
Also read: Is Uber One worth it?