Google Calendar is one of the most useful built-in apps in several Android smartphones which helps in managing your time by organising your tasks, reminders and to-do lists in neat chronological order. The app’s beta version was released in 2006 and till date, it has had more than 100 million downloads on Google Play.
Google Calendar allows you to effectively add important dates, including birthdays of your close friends and family and holidays. In this article, we will explain how you can add birthdays to Google Calendar via a smartphone and PC.
How to add Birthday to Google Calendar via PC?
If you are using Google Calendar on a computer, follow the instructions given below to add birthday.
Note: As all the services of Google are interlinked, you need to add the contact to Google Contact first. This will automatically the contact’s birthday to your Google Calendar.
- Open Google Contacts.
- On the left, click on Create Contact.
- Fill in the details — Name, Surname, Email Address etc, as shown in the screenshot above.
- Once, you have entered the basic details, click on More fields
- Scroll down and fill the birthday option.
- Save the contact.
After you have saved the contact, go to Google Calendar and check the birthday date of the contact. You can see the contact’s birthday as evident from the screenshot above.
Also read: How to respond to Google reviews?
How to add Birthday to Google Calendar via Android app?
You will have to follow the same process on Google Contact. The contact that I have created earlier on Google Contact is visible on the Google Calendar app also. Check out the screenshot below.
To add the contacts in Google Contacts app, follow the instructions given below.
- Open Google Contacts app.
- Now, tap on the plus sign at the bottom right of the screen.
- Fill in the details and then tap on More fields.
- Add the birthday date. (I have added the name as Sunny and the birthday as 24 February 1999)
- The contact will be visible on the contact list.
Now, you can visit 24th February, and you will see Sunny’s birthday, both on the app as well as on the Computer, as you can notice from the screenshot.
Note: As per Google, at present, you cannot add birthdays from Facebook.
Hope this tutorial has helped you. We will bring more such tutorials for Google Calendar in the future.
Also read: Master Boot Record (MBR) vs GUID Partition Table (GPT)