Lightroom is a cloud-based photo editing service that allows the users to access, edit and share the photos. The software also allows users to edit directly from the web, and the changes are automatically applied to the photos on every other platform.
Every established photographer would like to use a watermark on his/her image so that no one copies their work. Watermarks are considered essential by many organisations for keeping their work secure from theft and plagiarism. Adding watermarks in Lightroom is very easy. Just keep in mind that watermarking is applied to the images when you export them or publish them. It is not possible to see the watermark inside Lightroom.
To add a watermark, you need to follow the mentioned steps.
- Open the Lightroom application. You can also use desktop software.
- Select Preferences option in mobile application or Edit Menu in the software.
- Select the Edit Watermarks/Sharing option. Enable Share with watermark option in mobile.
- Choose the suitable watermark type from the dialogue box (in case of desktop software). Text Watermark is used when you want to type some text and create a text watermark. Whereas, Graphic Watermark option can be used to create a watermark containing an image (.png).
- Choose the suitable options and features which are available in the dialogue box and create your watermark (in case of desktop software). Lightroom offers you various features like Font, Style, Alignment and Color. If you want to add shadow, you can select the opacity, offset, radius and angle. Along with this, you can even adjust the opacity, position and size of the watermark.
- After making your watermark, you will have to click on the Save button and give a name to your watermark so that you can use it in your images.
Once you save the watermark, you will be able to use it in all the Lightroom modules which allow the usage of watermarks. Keep in mind that there is no limit to the number of watermarks that you can create in Lightroom; thus, you should prefer creating a different watermark for every user.
I hope this tutorial helped you. Do let us know in the comments section if you want us to do more tutorials on Lightroom.
Also read: Top 7 editing tips for Lightroom