A week back, Amazon announced its annual Prime day, which is an online shopping festival, and with less than two days to go before the sale starts, here are a few things we thought might help you get the best deals or at the very least give you a headstart into 36 hours of Prime day.
The Amazon Prime day will be run on the e-commerce giants website as well as apps globally in 17 countries simultaneously with over 1 million deals overall, including those on TVs, smart home, kitchen, grocery, toys, fashion, furniture, appliances and back-to-school supplies and even stock up on everyday essentials. Plus, select deals at all US Whole Foods Market stores.
36 Hours of deals and flash sales start this Prime Day on July 16 exclusively for members
Amazon has indicated huge discounts on Alexa-enabled products, including Echo, Fire TV, and Fire tablets, as well as $100 off on Echo Show, which can be enjoyed by the 100 million Amazon Prime members worldwide as well as those who join before or during the Prime day.
Prime members in the following countries will be able to avail Prime Day offers.
Prime Day Flash Sales
Amazon will be hosting Prime day flash sales for its members at the following date and time:
- 1 pm, July 16
- 3 pm, July 16
- 6 pm, July 16
- 9 am, July 17
- 12 pm, July 17
- 3 pm, July 17
7 new titles on Prime Video in India
In the lead up to Amazon Prime Day, six new movie titles and a comedy show will be released on Prime Videos in India.
- Officer (Telugu)
- 102 Not Out
- Angrezi mei kehte hain
- Comicstaan (Available from July 13)
- Transformers: The Last Knight (Available from July 15)
- Raazi (Available from July 16)
Deals on Amazon Prime Day
Up to 40% off on Mobiles and Accessories
Up to 50% off on Electronics and Appliances
Up to 70% off on Home and Outdoors products
Up to 50% off on Daily Needs
Up to 50-80% off on Amazon Fashion
Up to 70% off on Books, entertainments, games and more
Prime Day offers live right now
- Delta Trinsic Touch2O voice-activated faucet, the first Alexa-enabled kitchen faucet
- Coleman RoadTrip LXE portable propane grill with new features perfect for camping, tailgating and picnicking
- Fingerlings Light Up Unicorn Mackenzie, the first Fingerling with a special light-up horn
- Audible Original production, Hi Bob!, where American icon Bob Newhart sits down with special guests Sarah Silverman, Will Ferrell, Lisa Kudrow, Jimmy Kimmel, Judd Apatow and Conan O’Brien.
- Bai Braspberry flavour paying homage to Justin Timberlake’s fruitful creation
- The Moto G6 64 GB, an exclusive version of the best-selling unlocked Android smartphone featuring a brilliant 5.7” Full HD+ Max Vision display with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage.
Amazon Music at less than $1
an Amazon Prime Music subscription is being offered for $0.99 for the first four months as a special offer.
After this initial period, subscribers will be charged a sum of $7.99/month. The pricing may seem a little high relatively, but four months of music for a dollar sounds sweet; you may continue if you think it suits your taste.
Deals that are underway
There are several deals that Amazon is offering in its leadup to the annual Prime Day this 2018, and here we enlist a few of them:
- Echo Show: Save $100 on Echo Show, which brings you everything you love about Alexa and can show you things. Make video calls or watch video flash briefings, movies and TV shows, see music lyrics, smart home cameras, photos, weather forecasts, and more. All hands-free—just ask.
- Amazon Brands: Find our lowest prices on products from collections available exclusively on Amazon, including up to 25% off furniture and décor from Rivet and Stone & Beam, up to 20% off AmazonBasics items, and 30% off everyday essentials from Presto!, Mama Bear and Solimo, among others.
- Prime Video, DVDs and Blu-Ray: Save up to 50% on popular movies and TV shows on digital, DVD and Blu-Ray.
- Amazon Music: Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months of the premium, on-demand service with access to tens of millions of songs and hands-free listening for just $0.99.
- Twitch Prime: Members can enjoy hundreds of free gameplay hours as Twitch Prime gives away a free PC game every day through July 18, including titles like Pillars of Eternity and Brutal Legend. Members will also receive exclusive in-game loot for Warframe and PLAYER UNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS.
- Kindle Unlimited and eBooks: Prime members who haven’t yet tried Kindle Unlimited will have access to three months of unlimited reading for just $0.99. Buy your first Kindle book and get a $10 Prime Day credit valid towards eBooks, print books and Audible.
- Audible: Eligible Prime members can get their first three months at more than 65% off for $4.95 a month.
Help Small and Medium businesses grow
Prime members worldwide can shop hundreds of thousands of deals this Prime Day from small and medium-sized businesses selling on Amazon Launchpad, Amazon Handmade, Amazon Exclusives and more.
Now, although it’s Amazon Prime day and the company promises to give you the best deals possible, it wouldn’t hurt to double-check with another e-commerce dealer or even a brick and mortar store if you’re planning to buy something expensive before going forward with the order. As is said, better safe than sorry.
This year, Amazon is adding six more hours to shop and 50 percent more Spotlight Deals globally – featuring our deepest discounts on top brands and the most popular products. Pro tips on getting the most out of Prime Day include:
- Watch A Deal: The Amazon App ensures you never miss a deal. This is the easiest way to preview, track and shop those limited-time Lightning Deals while at home or on-the-go with deal alerts on the Amazon App.
- Prime Day Sneak Peek on the Amazon App: Tap the Prime Day banner within the Amazon App from July 9 – 15 for a sneak peek of select products that will have Prime Day deals.
- Explore Deals By Popular Interests: Find deals organised by more than 40 of the most-shopped-for interests. From style and fashion to electronics, cooking, travel and more – discover deals that you’ll love faster.
- Alexa Shopping: Alexa makes it easy to find the best Prime Day deals. Just ask, “Alexa, what are my Prime Day deals?” Track your Prime Day orders with Alexa. Just ask, “Alexa, where’s my stuff?” or set up Alexa delivery notifications in the Alexa app.
- Amazon Prime Credit Cards: Cardmembers can enjoy 5% back on all their Prime Day purchases when shopping with the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card or the Amazon Prime Store Card.